Your life-expectancy?
Nov 15, 2005 at 3:32 AM Post #16 of 64
I will die on Monday, October 29, 2046. Dang that's soon.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:51 AM Post #20 of 64
May 31, 2034 says the deathclock.

Just a few months before my 50th B-day. Gotta cut down on the smoking, I guess.

Nov 15, 2005 at 5:58 AM Post #21 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by pne
isnt life expectancy going down again? I heard it peaked already and now is declining, which I hope is due to obeseity and not because of genetically modified food etc.

I think Einstein said that the best way for mankind to prolong its existence is the evolution to a vegeterian diet.

I agree with the man.
icon10.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #22 of 64
Death ages in family members average +78
1 year for each thing I think I do above average + 6
1 year for each thing I do bad -3
Number of years taken from stress –5
Number of years added for improvements in modern medicine +8

I presume “84” is the magic number!
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 7:41 AM Post #23 of 64
Go ahead and up or lower your BMI on the Death Clock website, shouldn't do crap, because the website doesn't even take it into account.

BMI of 26 I die in 2060

BMI of 43 I die in...2060

rolleyes.gif

If you look at my family I should die in my late 70s, but I don't really think that a person is able to predict very reliably their death. Some 90 year olds smoked for years, some dead 60 year olds excercised since their teens...

Nov 15, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #24 of 64
well lets see... my 90 year old grandpa just reroofed his house by himself... ive never smoked, drank, done drugs, had sex, broken, sprained, torn or otherwise injured myself, never had a cavity... looks like too long to me
icon10.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 9:00 AM Post #25 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
well lets see... my 90 year old grandpa just reroofed his house by himself... ive never smoked, drank, done drugs, had sex, broken, sprained, torn or otherwise injured myself, never had a cavity... looks like too long to me
icon10.gif

Gangsta.

My relatives on my mother's side all last till their early 60s. My father's side, however, last into their 90s. D: It's actually quite timely... my great grandmother just passed away on Wednesday at the age of 99.

I suppose I have potential. I don't smoke and plan to do any drinking sparingly and in moderation. Even though I'm a healthy weight, I gotta get back into my exercise routine - my grandparents at ~70 can kick my ass at tennis any day of the week. :/

I'll take the mean and say 80! :X

Nov 15, 2005 at 9:27 AM Post #26 of 64
I will probably live to 65-85 years old. Lots of bad things for the males on both sides of my family, but great things for the women's side of the family. Hopefully I will get lucky and not get all the diseases and cancers for the guys.

Nov 15, 2005 at 12:57 PM Post #27 of 64
I have no idea how long I'll live. On one hand family live long without illness, I've never had anything worse than a cold. On the other hand I've not been a practitioner of healthy lifestyle. I'm very active without exercising, I'm not overweight.
Although I don't exactly "seize the day", I'm aware that the end may lurk around the corner and enjoy what I can with that in mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markl
I want to live as long as possible because I suspect that just at the very end of my possible life-span, all the very coolest stuff will be happening, scientifically/technologically/culturally. I envy anyone born now or within the next 20 years... You're going to get to see all of the very coolest things, technology-wise.

Given a choice I would probably chose the live as long as possible option. But also I'm not deathly afraid of death either. Afraid of death, afraid of what? We don't know a thing about it.

I used to feel the same way about the future, wanting to be there to see all the marvels or at least the coming attractions. Sure I'll chose that option if I could. But I've become something of a doom 'n gloomer about the future based upon present directions. Doomsayers have always been around and always been wrong but there seems to be a lot of possibly insurmountable perils ahead. China's CO2 contribution is really going to go online in a big, big way (did you enjoy this years' hurricane season? Just wait 'til later), oceans being farmed of sea life to dangerously low levels, forests being cleared, etc, etc.
I'll see the glass as half empty as long as we live for this year and screw next year (not the same as my enjoying a breezy day today because there may be no personal tomorrow?).

This was summed up nicely when I saw an ad for a cool high definition television that chose to show it's resolution and colour abilities with footage of some exotic multi-coloured frog, a species that even if still in existence is surely in line to disappear soon as the worldwide frog population is going fast.
If there were any effort to prevent a domino effect of species extinction of which we are a part, then I'd see the glass as half full.

Have a nice day!
icon10.gif
evil_smiley.gif

cgan9l.jpg

Nov 15, 2005 at 1:01 PM Post #28 of 64
i'll probably live until right... about....

NOW!

see? told you.

Nov 15, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #29 of 64
Your Personal Day of Death is...
Tuesday, January 25, 2028
Seconds left to live...

That seems very optimistic for me..... a whole 23 years left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back