Your HiFi solution for the PC
Dec 16, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #16 of 20
No it does not have I2S, but it works very nicely! (the connector for the USB board sitting inside is the same as for the I2S board and with some inside info it's easy enough. Well worth the effort!
did you add the OCXO clock?

Dec 16, 2020 at 10:23 AM Post #17 of 20
yep I did add the OCXO to the Pink Faun card in the computer, the tinkering only started so I figured to do that one immediately. I have Apacer RAm on its way etc...In the DAC I WAS using a audiogd RJ45 to I2S input board, works very nicely. I connected it to the SU1 power supply. Now I have the proper I2S card so I can use straight RJ45 cable.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #18 of 20
I use my studio monitors Mackie MR524. These are powered speakers that use XLR inputs to my audio interface that I use for recording. With this system I can also use my headphones out of the Atom.

Laptop (Tidal, FLAC or DSD) => Topping E30 => Fosi Audio Tube-P1 => JDS Labs Atom => Zoom L-12 LiveTrak

Adding the tube buffer was kind of an experiment, but so far it works pretty well. Smooths out the reference signature of the Mackies. I never bought the Mackies with the intent to listen to music, it was more for listening to mixes, but its worked pretty good.

Feb 28, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #19 of 20
I usually just feed an external amp/receiver via optical, using WASAPI output in Foobar.

Mar 10, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #20 of 20
Windows PC >. USB out to Schiit Modi >> Klipsch R-51PM (powered) speakers stationed either side of a TV. The Klipsches also feed a 10" powered sub. We watch concerts on-line and also play mp3's and actual CD's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back