Your Hair And Your Headphone
Sep 9, 2005 at 5:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

plyr

100+ Head-Fier
eggosmile.gif

Do you guys get marks on the hair using headphones?
I ask because it really bothers me, i use my HD650 for some time and that does it, only come out with wash... :[

Sep 9, 2005 at 5:14 AM Post #2 of 42
No, because my hair is flat and straight.
icon10.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 5:18 AM Post #4 of 42
Yup, since my hair is spiky. It is particularly rough for me on the weekends when my headphones undo my fauxhawk. But fortunately it comes out with some water and a dab more styling products.

Sep 9, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #5 of 42
i get headphone hair with my SR80 and eggos.. and im quite picky about my hair and hairstyle too...

i can usually just 'poof' up my hair again to get rid of the headphone hair, the product i use doesnt really dry, so i can just reshape my hair.

Sep 9, 2005 at 5:59 AM Post #6 of 42
I have long hair, so full-sized phones basically pull my hair back. The real problem is IEM's, since my hair covers my ears. It's not good when people think you're ignoring them.

Sep 9, 2005 at 6:06 AM Post #7 of 42
I used to have problems while using circumaural headphones, but now with IEMs it is not a problem.
icon10.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 6:35 AM Post #9 of 42
I shave my head so I just get headphone scalp. Have to be careful of tan lines in the summer though.

Sep 9, 2005 at 6:54 AM Post #11 of 42
This was one of the first questions I posed when I joined Head-Fi -- headphone hair. This is the reason why I usually don't wear full-size headphones in the office.

As for the HD650, I tried it at a local store for a few minutes. I found that I could use it without the headphone band resting on my head and it still felt comfortable. Does the clamping force ease with use? I was hoping to get one to use in the office.

Sep 9, 2005 at 6:59 AM Post #12 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by mulveling
How long have you been using the grados? Are you sure this is not a case of cause and effect?
eek.gif
wink.gif

Sure theres some cause & effect... but it has nothing to do with Grados.

Hair loss started to become more severe after my Son's 2nd birthday.

Garrett

Sep 9, 2005 at 7:02 AM Post #13 of 42
cut the earcups off the headband and hold to each ear. Fixed
lambda.gif

Sep 9, 2005 at 7:06 AM Post #14 of 42
I normally tilt back the headband on my HD600s slightly so that it rests on the part of my head where my hair naturally parts. I have short hair, so this minimizes the "bump" caused by the handband's pressure.

But, hair do is usually not a problem because I listen mainly in the evenings before retiring to bed. It's a time for sloppiness and comfort.

Sep 9, 2005 at 7:16 AM Post #15 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiritboxer
I shave my head so I just get headphone scalp. Have to be careful of tan lines in the summer though.

Haha, LOL! That would be fun; a white line over your head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back