Your Favourite; ATH-ESW9, B&W p5, or HD 25-1 II's?
Mar 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

rintantan

New Head-Fier
What are your opinions on these cans? They are all very stylish and I was thinking of picking one up for commutes and travel to use with un-amped (for now) iPod classic. Just wondering what your thoughts were on sound quality, un-amped, between them and comfort for extended periods of time. Listen to everything BUT rap, hip-hop, and most pop. I tried out the p5's and thought they were very comfy and the sound quality was very good by my standards, but then again I haven't used any uber expensive headphones so I'm a bit of a lamen when it comes to this stuff.

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #2 of 8
I can't speak for the p5's, but I do prefer the esw9's of the other two. They are warmer and I would say richer than the 25's, and so far have handled every genre I have thrown at them beautifully. However, the 25's would be very good for your genre preferences.

Mar 5, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #3 of 8
Forget the P5.

Mar 5, 2012 at 1:10 AM Post #5 of 8
I heard P5 locally. Not even competitive with V700DJ, which gets nailed by ESW9, HD25, and a number of others.
Note that the P5 had no burn-in, though I doubt that matters that much. =p

Mar 5, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #6 of 8
I've tried all three in the past, and I'd pick the HD 25-1 II. They sound more exciting and involving compared to the other two, and they're built like tanks with replaceable parts should anything ever break - a huge plus. Admittedly they lose out on the style points due to their unassuming looks.

Mar 5, 2012 at 5:01 PM Post #8 of 8
The esw9's are more comfortable that the senns imho, the lambskin earpads are really nice. Because of the shape of the pad, if your ears arent to big, they partially sit around the ear. That said, if you get the velour pads for the HD25's are ludicrously comfortable as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back