Your Favorite War Movie/Film?
Apr 30, 2006 at 9:24 PM Post #31 of 94
Hm very strange that no one has even mentioned movies like :

- Das Boot *

- Stalingrad

- All qiuet on the western front (the original)

- Idi Ill smotri aka "Come and See" by Elem Klimov *

The * are the ones that I like the most.

Apr 30, 2006 at 9:35 PM Post #32 of 94
Black Hawk Down far and away. Love the shaky-cam with the documentary type feel, the grittiness, the close-to-present-day setting, and the fact it features the Army Rangers.

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #36 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Archangel
Hm very strange that no one has even mentioned movies like :

- Das Boot *

Absolutely BRILLIANT I watched that series and it was just like being in the submarine...... awesome stuff indeed!

TK-228.jpg

Apr 30, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #39 of 94
Patton: George C. Scott as Gen. Patton - The greatest single performance by a lead actor in motion picture history

Cross of Iron: One of Peckinpah's best works and James Coburn turns in one of his finest roles as Rolf Steiner, a highly decorated NCO who leads a German reconnaissance squad

Das Boot: The greatest submarine movie, and one of the best films ever made

Ivan's Childhood: Tarkovsky's visually stunning masterpiece about a boy soldier

Gallipoli: Peter Weir's tragic tale of Australian soldiers in battle of Gallipoli - the soundtrack by Jean Michel Jarre

Apr 30, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #41 of 94
Without a doubt

TORAH TORAH TORAH!!!

biggrin.gif
ummm, joking

and by the way if someonecould remind me of the name of that movie where a modern battleship or something got sent back in time it would be appreciated...damn that was a kookie one!

May 1, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #44 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
I agree completely. Did you read my post?

Yes I did. I like the way you analogized the older brother with Japan at the time, though sadly enough I have more sympathy for Japan than the older brother.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back