Your favorite Top line Speaker Manufacturer
Apr 8, 2008 at 2:40 PM Post #31 of 71
I went to the Rocky Mountain Audio Festival last year and the Wilson speakers were above and beyond anything else I heard there. Simply amazing.

Apr 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #33 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag0n /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anthony Gallo Nucleus Reference lll are my favorite speaker of every speaker i heard so far up to $25,000usd. And theyre only $2400usd without the sub-amp.

Same here, but I haven't heard anything for more then $10k. I haven't heard them but have heard very good things about Odyssey Audio, I have always wanted to try the Loreleis.

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #35 of 71
I really should have put "Other" but unfortunately I cannot change the poll

A large name is Cables has a speaker that I actuality was really surprised to hear was a set of Acoustic Zen Adagio speakers running off of a setup utilizing musical fidelity KW series DAC & pre/power Amp combo plus it's own A5.5 CDP as a transport

Partnered up with MIT Magnum Ref series cables and VD Nite power cables... these puppies really Sang

It's surprising to find a transmission line speaker, let alone one that works so well and utilizes a "ribbon" tweet which helps provide the speed/resolution and spacial imaging that it does

Speaker is a giant killer IMO for the reasonable price of 4K
However, I think the MF KW series equipment & cables accounted close to another 15K worth of inventory

Apr 8, 2008 at 5:27 PM Post #36 of 71
Aerial. Would happily sell my Granny for a pair of 20Ts. Any offers?

20T-Rosewood-side-web_jpg.jpg

Apr 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM Post #37 of 71
I like B&Ws, and I would probably own some right now if it weren't for Dynaudio. I was very happy with the Contour series, but now that I have some Confidence speakers I'm even more impressed. They just sound right to my ears, with a certain unforced sweetness that makes other speakers sound slightly artificial.

I've also used Totem speakers at home and can recommend the Model 1 Signatures. They use Dynaudio drivers, by the way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 8, 2008 at 8:54 PM Post #40 of 71
Sonus Faber for me, although I only have the Concertino's.
when the lottery comes in that will change!!!
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #41 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopstretch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aerial. Would happily sell my Granny for a pair of 20Ts. Any offers?

20T-Rosewood-side-web_jpg.jpg

Aerial Acoustics do indeed make absolutely fantastic speakers.
biggrin.gif

I can't really decide... so it's a tie between Focal JMLab, Sonus Faber. B&W, ProAc and Magnepan come in a close second.

Apr 10, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #42 of 71
Axiom Audio...
wink.gif
...cost effective and very good sound...

Apr 11, 2008 at 3:49 PM Post #44 of 71
I choose Acapella. I recently acquired one of their budget line speakers and could not be happier, well maybe with these babies in the picture.

excalibv4.jpg

Apr 11, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #45 of 71
Quote:

Originally Posted by lator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I choose Acapella. I recently acquired one of their budget line speakers and could not be happier, well maybe with these babies in the picture.

That's a "budget line" items??? What kind of budget are we talking about?

Nice indeed.
cool.gif

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back