Your favorite of the LONG Progressive Rock anthems?
Jan 27, 2010 at 7:38 AM Post #46 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by gp_hebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A flower?

genesis_petergabriel475.jpg

Supper's Ready fan!

Jan 28, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #48 of 60
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. 45 solid minutes of mind melting progness served on metal and downed with pop. Most underrated meal... er, I mean song IMHO.

Jan 29, 2010 at 12:01 AM Post #49 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No Magma fans here?

"Mekanïk Destruktïw Kommandöh".

Btw,I voted Echoes.

I actually found the MDK LP at a record store in Milwaukee over the summer. They wanted $5 and I willingly paid it for that gem.

Jan 29, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #51 of 60
I voted for "Supper's Ready" from the list, but actually I was going to mention Magma because I put some heavy listening into Kohntarkosz Anteria last year and think it's pretty special. Hopefully the boxed set Archiv will make them more widely known ... I had never heard any until I bought it. Maybe not in the league of Genesis and Pink Floyd, but well worth auditioning.

Jan 29, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #52 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by logwed /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any part of Tales from Topographic Oceans is good.

The Revealing Science of God is the stand-out track on TFTO, IMO. I had to vote for Echoes though. Awaken might nudge out RSOG, but it doesn't make it to 20 minutes.

Jan 29, 2010 at 7:20 PM Post #53 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by MD1032 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In my opinion, "A Change of Seasons" is an admirable submission from a modern band (Dream Theater).

This is my favorite.

Another good one is The Odyssey by Symphony X.

Feb 10, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Revealing Science of God is the stand-out track on TFTO, IMO.

ABSOLUTELY - and it would have gotten my vote if it had been on this list. I voted for CTTE in absentia
smily_headphones1.gif

I like Echoes a ton, but too much of the length isn't music. GREAT tube though. Meddle is my favorite PF album.

My favorite long prog song is "Starless" from King Crimson's "Red", but it's nowhere near 20 minutes. Still epic, though.

Feb 10, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #55 of 60
The Who - Tommy; See me, feel me, touch me, heal me, Mr. Pinball Wizard!

But I voted for ELP's "Karn Evil Nine"
atsmile.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #56 of 60
Close to the Edge here. I guess none of King Crimson - the whetton/bruford years - is long enough to apply. Regardless, Close to the Edge is a desert island album anyhow. I'm a sucker for Relayer and Tales as well, but but Close To Edge is one of those albums that can give me the chills on the right day.

Feb 21, 2010 at 2:08 PM Post #59 of 60
Of the super-long (15 min +) Yes songs, my fave is CTTE, followed by Revealing Science of God. As much as I love Yes, most of the other super-long Yes songs don't really fire me up, although alot of their 8-12 minute tunes are phenomenal beyond belief, and 8-12 minutes is LONG by any other standard...

Feb 25, 2010 at 3:58 AM Post #60 of 60
I voted for CTTE from the list. I do prefer The Gates of Delirium & The Revealing Science of God more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back