Your favorite of the LONG Progressive Rock anthems?
Aug 12, 2009 at 2:08 AM Post #2 of 60
Supper's Ready just has so much special meaning for me.

I was hooked on Foxtrot at a crucial developmental point in my young life 25 odd years ago, and associate a lot of great memories with that tune.

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:09 AM Post #3 of 60
Any part of Tales from Topographic Oceans is good.

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 60
amarok.jpg

Aug 12, 2009 at 2:28 AM Post #7 of 60
In my opinion, "A Change of Seasons" is an admirable submission from a modern band (Dream Theater).

Aug 12, 2009 at 3:35 AM Post #8 of 60
I voted for Echoes - its just too good to not vote for!

Tales from Topographic Oceans is also amazing.

I also really like Cassandra Gemini by The Mars Volta.

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:39 AM Post #13 of 60
"Welcome back my friends,to the show that never ends", that sums it up...

However i like many of the songs listed, except for pf and zappa which i don't own, the others are easily among my favourite tracks, other honorable mentions not listed could be the already mentioned The Gates of Delirium, but also other long Rush Suites like the Fountain of Lamneth, Hemispheres, The Snow Goose by Camel...

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:54 AM Post #14 of 60
When we talk about long progressive rock anthems, Echoes is THE song. It's probably the first over 20 minute long prog song I heard and I still love it. It got my vote.

Aug 12, 2009 at 8:17 AM Post #15 of 60
I voted for "Shine On..." which is one of my favorite David Gilmour performances, and very representative to me of Pink Floyd at their best. The way Wright's elegaic synths cradle the guitar leads is just beyond beautiful.

But I really wanted to vote for the suite on side two of the Beatles's Abbey Road. Unfortunately, the running time of "Because" through "The End" comes up short by just over a minute. So in deference to the OP, I respected his 20 minute minimum requirement, and voted for my fave of the choices offered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back