Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]
Apr 20, 2012 at 10:41 PM Post #151 of 259

Quote:

I have the older er4-s series with the red and blue earphones.  I'm using the HUGE yellow foamies that isolate like 46db with a deep insertion.  The deep insertion can hurt at certain points.  But I get used to it.  I will get my amps in friday, which will definitely change my listening experience on the er4-s's.  I have to turn my volume on my ipod up to 65% to be at a soft volume comfortable listening level, they are super accurate, the punch and impact is there, but they are kind of weak because the er4-s is really meant to have an amplifier. 

EDIT: Can anyone comment on etymotic's customer service? Are they friendly?

Maybe you should use the tri-flanges (LOL). Anyway it's not because they need an amp that's why the punch and impact is weak. The ER-4P doesn't need an amp but it is weak as well. I guess the ER-4 are meant to take accuracy over bass and impact. So that's the sound signature of them. But then again, I think the HF5's impact is stronger.

Apr 21, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #153 of 259
I absolutely find these to be one of the best headphones ever made.  If you amp the ER4-S, you might as well put on the nicest pair of over-ear cans you think off.  They are perfect.  I am using my e11 and it more than suffices for the amount of power these hogs draw.  They sound is unlike anything I've ever heard.  The soundstage is HUGE... the bass is punchy and has some rumble now that I have the bass eq'd to make up for the loss.  The gain makes them sound like the fullest sounding earphone ever. I have never loved an item.  But I may love these.

Apr 21, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #154 of 259

Quote:
I absolutely find these to be one of the best headphones ever made.  If you amp the ER4-S, you might as well put on the nicest pair of over-ear cans you think off.  They are perfect.  I am using my e11 and it more than suffices for the amount of power these hogs draw.  They sound is unlike anything I've ever heard.  The soundstage is HUGE... the bass is punchy and has some rumble now that I have the bass eq'd to make up for the loss.  The gain makes them sound like the fullest sounding earphone ever. I have never loved an item.  But I may love these.

Well, glad to see you like them. Cool how they have soundstage when they are amped, because the soundstage seems very close. The UM3x however, is closer to my ears.

Apr 21, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #155 of 259

Quote:

Well, glad to see you like them. Cool how they have soundstage when they are amped, because the soundstage seems very close. The UM3x however, is closer to my ears.

they are fantastic man! I have never liked a headphone this much.

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:07 AM Post #157 of 259

Quote:

Still dreaming of the UM3x now? 

nah.  At one point Ill have to listen to the um3x.  But im more than happy enough with my ASG-1's(rev1.2), and my etys.  I would be heartbroken if my er4's broke...

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #158 of 259

Quote:

nah.  At one point Ill have to listen to the um3x.  But im more than happy enough with my ASG-1's(rev1.2), and my etys.  I would be heartbroken if my er4's broke...

Well, not is still the "honeymoon" stage. You would have to take some time to determine if you will get bored of them or not. 

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #160 of 259

Quote:
Honestly get in contact with hand held audio.

haha what do you mean???

Well, not is still the "honeymoon" stage. You would have to take some time to determine if you will get bored of them or not

Nah, I'm keeping my er4s and my asg-1's(whenever I get them back from the rev1.2 update.)  

Apr 22, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #162 of 259

Quote:
HHA do demo sessions in Enfield and I'm pretty sure they have the UM3x's

they are infact in Britain.  How do demos work?? They keep your credit card on file??? So they charge you if you dont give them back? I would never steal them. But the whole system is misty to me.

Apr 22, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #164 of 259

Quote:
You visit them, over there they don't send them out :p

I forgot your location and got confused with somewhere else lol.

lol yeah.. I was about to say.

Apr 22, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #165 of 259

Users who are viewing this thread

Back