Your favorite IEM you own/owned [Explain Why?]
Apr 8, 2012 at 10:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 259

delladood

100+ Head-Fier
I've decided the last thing I need is another v-shape sound signature, considering I have a pair of triple fi 10's, atrio mg7's, and a pair of JVC fxt90s.  What is the most analytic/"boring"/accurate headphone that comes to mind???  This is my birthday present to myself ideas!  I really am leaning towards the accuracy of the er-4 series, but there has been such a price jump lately...
My current list:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Etymotic er-4
Brainwavz b2
shure se425
SoundClarity
RE0

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 259

Quote:
Ety ER4!

They have no punch whatsoever.

I dont mind a little punch.  But I just want it accurate, weak if you will, nothing more, nothing less.  Compared to the MG7, nothing has punch 
blink.gif

Apr 8, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #4 of 259

Quote:
I dont mind a little punch.  But I just want it accurate, weak if you will, nothing more, nothing less.  Compared to the MG7, nothing has punch 
blink.gif

LOL, oh god...  I'm just curious, but what's SoundClarity.  I know I've heard it mentioned before, but can't quite figure out exactly what model or brand it is :p

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #6 of 259

Quote:
Say no more! The ER4-S is in your horizon!

I know I know... I do to... They are quite expensive... not sure if I should roll those or just get another pair of headphones like the UM3 SM3 or W3

blink.gif

http://clarityoneaudio.com/Earbuds/EarBuds<--- these things! Im not sure if they are any good at all... but they did have the word "Clarity" in them haha.

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #7 of 259
Vsonic GR07? They have a little punch, but not a huge amount. The high-mids may be too energetic to be considered "boring" though.

Just throwing it out there.

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 259

Quote:
Say no more! The ER4-S is in your horizon!

I gave my Dad a pair of Ety HF-5's and he loves them for their clinical, flat presence -- however they do tend to roll off a bit in the upper treble, maybe above 4kHz or so.  I never have heard the Ety ER4s but from what I've heard on hear its even more clinical than the lower end HF-5's.  Therefore, its probably what you're looking for.

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #9 of 259

Quote:
Vsonic GR07? They have a little punch, but not a huge amount. The high-mids may be too energetic to be considered "boring" though.

Just throwing it out there.

I have owned the gr07.  I have no further statement to make about the gr07's, or eke2k6 will most likely come to my home and assassinate me 
ph34r.gif

I gave my Dad a pair of Ety HF-5's and he loves them for their clinical, flat presence -- however they do tend to roll off a bit in the upper treble, maybe above 4kHz or so.  I never have heard the Ety ER4s but from what I've heard on hear its even more clinical than the lower end HF-5's.  Therefore, its probably what you're looking for.

I really feel like the er4's are going to be the pick.  Strangely enough, im going to be using them for hip-hop, r&b, Gangsta Rap, Alternative, Indie, Rock, Electronic.  I need something a little more analytic to break the monotony of the Atrio MG7's, and the FXT90's.  I find no need for me to have another exciting sound sig.

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #10 of 259
I think the rev.2 of the GR07 isn't that balanced due to the midbass. HF5s will be a good fit if the ER-4 is too expensive. 

People that say the ER-4 has no punch didn't insert them deep enough. 

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #11 of 259

Quote:
I have owned the gr07.  I have no further statement to make about the gr07's, or eke2k6 will most likely come to my home and assassinate me 
ph34r.gif

NinjaSneakingUpOnPirate.jpg

I didn't mean to be so abrasive, but I still don't think you've truly heard the GR07. Everyone else in that thread, even the people who owned the TF10 as well, disagreed with you.

Happy listening though.

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM Post #12 of 259

Quote:
I think the rev.2 of the GR07 isn't that balanced due to the midbass. HF5s will be a good fit if the ER-4 is too expensive. 

People that say the ER-4 has no punch didn't insert them deep enough. 

Insert them deep enough I shall.  I definitely had the second revision of the gr07's.  The ones with the 300 tips practically... My friends was the first rev that just came with a few tips and the more expensive packaging.... That could explain why I liked my friends r07's better than mine... 

font]

How did you know that I wore pirate hats in my spare time!?
blink.gif
 Apparently there is two revisions!??? This could explain my reasons...

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:18 PM Post #13 of 259
No, they have NO PUNCH. NONE. ZERO. ZILCH. NADA.

But they really put the detail "in your face." They are remarkably detailed, and it isn't just the detail retrieval that impresses, but the way the detail is presented. I can often hear the same detail in other high-end phones(Sony EX1000). but the ER4 makes details obvious.

Quote:
blink.gif

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM Post #14 of 259

Quote:
Apparently there is two revisions!??? This could explain my reasons...

Yeah, I wasn't aware of this either. Sauce?

Apr 8, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #15 of 259
Read the GR07 thread, the newer versions are bassier. 

ER-4 has been proven to have punch countless of times, just requires the right insertion depth.. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back