Your favorite headphones: What don't you like about them?
May 20, 2009 at 5:32 AM Post #16 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by notuagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD25 - Feel uncomfortable after prolonged listening periods, soundstage too narrow, stock cable too short. After owning 3 different pairs, 2 pairs developed some kind of cable contact issue, resulting in sporadic signal loss. Some kind of design issue I would guess.

Is there any reason you didn't just get new cables?

My turn...I'm at the end of my headphone journey for a while, so I think all my current headphones qualify as my "favourite":
1. HD25: Narrow soundstage, ugly as sin, the 3.5mm plug seems to escape from jacks easier than other headphones'.
2. ESW9: General lack of isolation.
3. K601: A little to large, ugly as sin.
4. Denon D2000: Cable sucked crap, but I had them replaced by Qusp. Good man. A little too heavy.
5. SR325i: Stock pads hurt like crazy, esp. with bowls. Cable has stupid crimp issue.

May 20, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #17 of 50
I'm working on it, haha. I figure one should at least know what ones headphones sound like with stock cables prior to upgrading.

I also can't imagine loosing a pair of headphones for a few weeks.

May 20, 2009 at 6:56 AM Post #18 of 50
770 pro.
Bad stock cable. Sounds like poo on a lot of stuff. (but is fun++ and is great on some genres IMO). The cable that goes between each of the cups is just plain annoying. Headband is hard to put back on when you remove it.
Although, I'd probably say the same about all the 770s.

May 20, 2009 at 7:33 AM Post #22 of 50
I love my hd 600's,but one thing i don't like is that the new earpads that are on market now are not of the same thickness as the old ones and they change the sound signature of my beloved headphones.

May 20, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #24 of 50
ATH-ANC7: Uncomfortable after long periods, don't fit well once I take off my contacts and wear glasses. Sounds awful with anc turned off, and there is some occasional hissing when it's on.

Small price to pay when you're on a plane for six hours though.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 20, 2009 at 8:51 AM Post #25 of 50
AKG K1000 - it doesn't fit in my pocket, and there is nothing I miss more when I'm away from home.

May 20, 2009 at 8:52 AM Post #26 of 50
650's, the removable headphone cables protrude a bit too much and make the cans a bit too tall for my Woo headphone stand. Anyone know where I can get a cheap "Tall" headphone stand? If you have a nice one I will trade for the Black aluminum Woo that I have.

May 20, 2009 at 9:18 AM Post #27 of 50
HD600 - poor stock cable, paint chipping off the headband, earpads' color bleaches when left in the sunlight for a longer time, tedious maintenance of the velour pads which are dirt magnets, headband foam (about 5 yrs old) totally disintegrated after a very mild wash.

May 20, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #28 of 50
AKG K1000: Lacks bass extension, and that the fact that they have been discontinued.

Stax SR-007BL: Massive power requirements.

May 20, 2009 at 9:33 AM Post #30 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Denaturat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD600 - poor stock cable, paint chipping off the headband, earpads' color bleaches when left in the sunlight for a longer time, tedious maintenance of the velour pads which are dirt magnets, headband foam (about 5 yrs old) totally disintegrated after a very mild wash.

your hd 600's are 5 years old?Mine are 5 years old too.The new earpads i bought two mounths ago were not the same as the old ones.The new were thinner/shorter than the old,which were already worn out.
Have you ever tried new earpads(not so new anyway,the dealer told me that sennheiser changed them 2-3 years ago).I can't understand why they made them thinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back