Your favorite headphones: What don't you like about them?
May 19, 2009 at 9:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

notuagain

100+ Head-Fier
As a way of providing information about peoples' favorite headphones, how about we highlight areas that we think could be improved with them.

Sennheiser HD25 - Feel uncomfortable after prolonged listening periods, soundstage too narrow, stock cable too short. After owning 3 different pairs, 2 pairs developed some kind of cable contact issue, resulting in sporadic signal loss. Some kind of design issue I would guess.

AKG K340 - Lack of low frequency extension, loose headband, slightly overweight, some resonance issues.

May 20, 2009 at 12:25 AM Post #2 of 50
If they were your "favorite" phones, I doubt people will think they have flaws. Maybe it's just you
tongue.gif

To be honest, I don't see the point of this thread? You're making head-fiers pick out flaws of headphones that they actually like, can't we just be satisfied with them?

May 20, 2009 at 12:49 AM Post #4 of 50
Sennheiser HD650: Not as light and comfortable as my K601.
AKG K601: Lacking that deep, punchy bass I've come to love from the HD650.

Has anyone tried to crossbreed headphones?
tongue.gif

May 20, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #5 of 50
Thanks for positive feedback
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, the idea is to provide information on headphones that many people consider great, but giving information about the negatives of them too, which other people might consider highly relevant while evaluating different models.
For example, I would not of purchased the K340s, which I understand why people revere them, if I would have known about the low end issue.

May 20, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #6 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My SR225i- Not all that comfortable, lots of leakage so no portable use, no isolation beyond what the music provides.

That's the gradesandro range to a tee. Still.... bloody nice phones

May 20, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by notuagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks for positive feedback
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, the idea is to provide information on headphones that many people consider great, but giving information about the negatives of them too, which other people might consider highly relevant while evaluating different models.
For example, I would not of purchased the K340s, which I understand why people revere them, if I would have known about the low end issue.

Ahh fair enough. Carry on then
tongue.gif

May 20, 2009 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 50
I think this is a good thread because just because something is my favorite doesn't mean that it is perfect.

My ALO-780Js on some songs bass is just too much and the pads get too hot for me after long listening sessions.

Yuin PK1s Just got them i love them but i need more isolation...

May 20, 2009 at 2:33 AM Post #10 of 50
x2 Yuin PK1, the bad that it is so ugly not eye catching, that may be your mom dispose it when you're not around

May 20, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #12 of 50
K-1000s stock cable sucks. It is bulky is hard to listen to when laying down, and I wish a simple headphone amp would make them shine...

May 20, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #15 of 50
Cables.

I don't like the stock cables on nearly any of my "favorite" headphones namely the K701. And the thinner Grado cables for that matter... maybe I just don't like any stock cables.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back