Your favorite/best DVD
Mar 13, 2006 at 10:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 36

Oistrakh

Headphoneus Supremus
Whats your favorite/best DVD you own?

Mine is probably Ben-Hur 4 disc collector's set. Such a great movie and such a great DVD. The transfer is great, and the documentaries are also great. It also includes the silent film Ben-Hur on the third disc. dvdtalk.com has a glowing review of it.

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 36
The BBC version of "The Office" is great. The box set of Band of Brothers is also a keeper. I'm particularly fond of my complete set of Cowboy Bebob and Southpark episodes, but my all time favorite box set is probably the "Godfather" trilogy (ok, III sucks, but I & II more than make up for it).

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:17 PM Post #4 of 36
Royal Tenenbaums (spelling?) has a unique presentation and is a great movie.
Might go the nerdy route and say Lord of the Rings extended. Heavy bias though. It's just that they put a great amount of work into them

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:23 PM Post #5 of 36
I was going to post a thread like this today asking about movies you never get sick of!

My favorite movie is probably Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back but I can't watch it any time like I can others. So my favorite may be one of these:

Vacation
The Burbs
Die Hard
Dumb & Dumber
Fletch

Mar 13, 2006 at 10:30 PM Post #6 of 36
Some of the best DVD films (overall quality):

Ultimate Matrix Collection
Lord of The Rings Trilogy Ex Versions.
Star Wars Trilogy+II+III
Master & Commander
Se7en
Resident Evil (Superbit) ------> My personal choice for #1 in terms of overall technical quality
Leon (Superbit)
Starship Troopers (Superbit)
Star Trek First Contact (DTS)
Blade II+III

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #8 of 36
Ben-Hur 4 disc set? When was that released? My 2-year-old has a thing for horses, and he's gotten a hold of my single disc 2-sided Ben-Hur release. I reluctantly gave it up to him, and we've seen side B (chariot race) more times than I care to admit.

So far, my favorite DVD release is the LotR Extended versions. Extras are great and the director/writers commentaries are very informative and entertaining.

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #10 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63
Ben-Hur 4 disc set? When was that released? My 2-year-old has a thing for horses, and he's gotten a hold of my single disc 2-sided Ben-Hur release. I reluctantly gave it up to him, and we've seen side B (chariot race) more times than I care to admit.

So far, my favorite DVD release is the LotR Extended versions. Extras are great and the director/writers commentaries are very informative and entertaining.

The four disc set was released September of 2005. Its around 30 bucks

Mar 13, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #11 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleestack
...but my all time favorite box set is probably the "Godfather" trilogy (ok, III sucks, but I & II more than make up for it).

Seconded! Although I didn't think III was that bad, but yeah, it's definitely not the masterpiece that I and II were.

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:20 AM Post #13 of 36
"Scenes From A Marriage" (Ingmar Bergman, Criterion Collection) and "Band of Brothers" (HBO Miniseries).

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:24 AM Post #14 of 36
Probably my "Back to the Future" trilogy, although I'm pretty sick of these films right now.

Mar 14, 2006 at 6:55 AM Post #15 of 36
Black Hawk Down 3-Disc Deluxe Edition

Awesome film, and THIS is how you do a DVD deluxe edition.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back