Oct 10, 2009 at 7:11 AM Post #77 of 172
My top 3 would have to be

1.Opeth
2. Tool
3. Led Zeppelin

If had to pick one, well, I can't.

Oct 12, 2009 at 4:25 AM Post #78 of 172
Gogol Bordello
Just great toe-tapping fun, best concerts i've ever been to.

Van Morrison
Definitely up there for when i want to relax and listen to some tunes.

Talib Kweli and/or Mos Def
Both these rapper really put out some good stuff that enjoy a lot.

Oct 14, 2009 at 1:04 AM Post #82 of 172
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xan7hos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sovelin I loved the Killers' Hot Fuss, but their stuff after just didn't compare and I felt kinda "Betrayed"

I absolutely hated Sam's Town when it first came out because it was nothing like Hot Fuss. But it was a brilliant move on their part because it keeps them from sounding sterile. Would you listen to them if they released the same album over and over again? It wasn't until Day & Age came out that I went back to Sam's Town. Both are amazing albums.

They're style has evolved quite a bit, but seeing them in concert playing songs from all their albums really showed how well they all blend in together. If you are now, or were ever at one point a Killers fan, I highly suggest you see them in concert. They are extremely entertaining and I guarantee you'll fall in love with them all over again.

Nov 13, 2012 at 9:12 AM Post #85 of 172
Historically, from current going backwards

The Gathering
Dave Matthews Band (early stuff only, though)
The Tea Party
Van Halen
Stevie Ray Vaughn
Def Leppard
Genesis

In addition to tastes changing over time, it's also harder and harder to have a single favourite band over time.  The more you hear, the more you realize different styles and approaches can all be equally amazing.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #86 of 172
simply impossible...... if i steer clear of classical I would say this is my top 10 list of all time:

10. Charles Mingus
9. Steely Dan
8. Charlie Parker 
7. Chick Corea
6. Duke Ellington
5. Genesis
4. Joni Mitchell
3. Keith Jarrett
2. Elliott Smith
1. The Beatles

ah, had fun making that list

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:56 PM Post #87 of 172
Sorry for repost. But I forgot.

1) Red Hot Chili Peppers

2) Blink 182
3) Nirvana
4) Pearl Jam
5) Foo Fighters

Things I'm into:

Two Door Cinema Club (I've known them since 2010, when they were nobody. And I just remembered about them).
Radiohead: I love their Psychedelic style, even though I hate "Creep".
The Black Keys: I've always seen them in the lists of many festivals, especially Lollapalooza (which I'll be going in April. In Santiago, Chile. I'm chilean) and I liked them a lot.

Basically I'm really into Indie

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #89 of 172
I'd probably have to list my top three as:

Metallica
Rush
Coheed and Cambria

In no particular order may I add. There are just so many songs by each of them that bring wave by wave of nostalgia over me. It's a shame the music industry is beginning to turn away from using instruments..

Nov 14, 2012 at 11:45 PM Post #90 of 172
Cab Calloway Orchestra, Philadelphia Orchestra under Stokowski and Johnny Cash's band.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back