Your Fav Simpsons episodes!
Sep 6, 2002 at 11:41 PM Post #46 of 82
remember when the carneys take over the simpson residence? A great part is when the simps take back the house and homer complains that his ass-groove in the couch is ruined
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 11:58 PM Post #47 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by royboy2k

To me it's just very meh. And it's not the just the plotlines, I think the new episodes lack a certain intelligence and underlying dry wit that made the earlier seasons funny.

hmm, what kind of TV do you have? i find that some tv's lead to recessed laughs. next i'd try interconnects/power cables.
rolleyes.gif

remember when a sturgeon falls on their car from outer space? pure comedic genius...

Sep 8, 2002 at 1:35 AM Post #48 of 82
Lisa: "Why do they call you 'Bleedin Gums'?"
Bleedin Gums Murphy: " You ever been to the dentist,Lisa?"
Lisa: "Yes"
Bleedin Gums Murphy: "Not me. People say I should go but I got enough pain in my life."

ok,
erix

Sep 8, 2002 at 9:08 PM Post #49 of 82
How about "The Cartridge Family", when Homer joins the NRA? And Cletus, the slack jawed yokel asks Homer "Are you some kind of moron?". The last 5 seconds of that episode are the best.

Or "Homer the Great", when he becomes the Chosen One - leader of the Stonecutters!! Best episode EVER.

Or when Lisa discovers the truth about Jebediah Springfield's past as Hans Sprunfeld. And George Washington appears to her in a dream and says "We had quitters in the Revolutionary War - we called them Kentuckians!".....

Sep 8, 2002 at 10:18 PM Post #50 of 82
How about the greatest halloween short!?? To me, definately the one where they get on jerry springer....

Marge: "- And without warning I was abducted by aliens!!"

Aliens: "- Warning! Warning! Prepare to be abducted!"

Sep 9, 2002 at 2:05 PM Post #51 of 82
My Fav episodes:
Mr Sparkle
Homer sees an alien (Mr Burns)
Pretzel Wagon (love the mafia and Triads, "Forgivonus, prease!!"
biggrin.gif
)
Homer in space
Monorail
The one when Bart gets a job with Fatoni
Bart becomes Mr Burn's Heir (Mr Burns: You fool, Homer doesn't say "B'oh" he says "D'oh". Actor guy: "Is this character brain dead or something?")

And some of the Halloween episodes are fun...
biggrin.gif

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of them right now.

Oh yeah, who could forget Homer's version of "Under the Sea?"

Under the sea, under the sea! There'll be no accusations , just friend-ly crustaceans under da seaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Sep 10, 2002 at 1:18 AM Post #52 of 82
The Mr. Sparkle episode is very funny.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the Duff Gardens episode.
Homer can't put down the spoiled giant sandwich with all kinds of mold and fungus growing on it. Lisa tripping out out the small world boat ride water. "Can't talk now Mom coming down".
That one made me call a friend right when it was over and say, "Man was that wierd or what?"

Sep 10, 2002 at 2:48 AM Post #53 of 82
Quote:

Lisa the Skeptic -- the angel episode.

Lisa-What are the test results?

Scientist- I'll be honest, I never did the tests.

LOL. That just has to be one of the classic moments in Simpsons history.

Sep 10, 2002 at 3:46 AM Post #54 of 82
Mine doesnt seem as funny but when I first saw it it seemed hilarious: Mr. Burns gets injured badly by something (was there a frankenstein in that episode somewhere? either that or he's pinned under a really heavy object) and hes laying on the ground describing his condition to someone, 'broken legs.. collapsed lung.. fractured rib.. loss of appetite..'

Cheddy Squieeshee

Sep 10, 2002 at 5:10 AM Post #55 of 82
One of my favorite Simpson moments is from the episode where the town gets a new area code. Homer is complaining to Lenny and Carl, and he says, "I hate this new area code. Like I don't have enough to remember already." He then looks at hand where "Lenny = white, Carl = Black" is written. I still laugh about it to this day
biggrin.gif

Oh, and I can't forget the "Tomacco" episode...

Ralph, eating tomacco: This tastes like Grandma!
Chief Wiggum: Gimme that! *eats tomacco* You're right it does!

Sep 10, 2002 at 8:58 AM Post #56 of 82
Ok, this was a super-enjoyable thread - enough to bring me out of lurking.

I remember two scenes I love in particular:

1) Bart gets lice but Millhouse has what might be ebola from a monkey that was discovered passed out in a basket the family had purchased. He is shivering and stuttering... "soooo coooold!!" That cracks me up every time.

2) The Lord of the Flies episode where Ralphie is on the ground clutching his stomach and says: "tastes like... burning!"

Ok, I'm crawling back into my hole with my lowly Grado 225s.

Walt

Sep 10, 2002 at 12:33 PM Post #57 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by SBomm
The Mr. Sparkle episode is very funny.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned the Duff Gardens episode.
Homer can't put down the spoiled giant sandwich with all kinds of mold and fungus growing on it. Lisa tripping out out the small world boat ride water. "Can't talk now Mom coming down".
That one made me call a friend right when it was over and say, "Man was that wierd or what?"

LOL! I forgot that one!
Guy: "Here, give her these, these, these, and then these."
Selma or Patty: "Thank you doctor."
Guy: "Oh I'm not a doctor."

Sep 10, 2002 at 1:15 PM Post #58 of 82
Burns: Ah, yes, that silly championship. [laughs] The only ship worth a
damn is friendship.
[makes a paper boat] Look, here comes the friend ship, sailing
your way!
[puts it on Homer's beer; it sinks]
Oh, here: let me get that, friend. [pulls it out]
Whoops. Lost a nail. Well, that's leprosy for you.
-- Uh, cheers, "Team Homer"

Sep 10, 2002 at 2:25 PM Post #59 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by Mystyler

LOL! I forgot that one!
Guy: "Here, give her these, these, these, and then these."
Selma or Patty: "Thank you doctor."
Guy: "Oh I'm not a doctor."

What a great episode!

"Homer, have you been eating that sandwich again?"

Sep 10, 2002 at 2:41 PM Post #60 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by acs236

What a great episode!

"Homer, have you been eating that sandwich again?"

Homer (Blue and shivering) to black sandwich sitting on the rubbish: "Oh, how can I stay mad at you?"
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back