Your Fav Simpsons episodes!
Sep 5, 2002 at 5:06 PM Post #16 of 82
"then why did i have the bowl bart? why did i have the bowl?"

ohhh what a fanastic thread. i could live here. 10vhs is pretty good, but i currently have about 273 episodes on my computer, just 1 click away. spent about a week at college grabbing them up from everywhere, then another 3 days just titling them, but it was worth it.

but if i have to name a best episode, i'm sticking with my old favorite "El Viaje de Nuestro Jomer (The Mysterious Voyage of Homer)" (or the chili cook-off)

"this is because i kicked you, isn't it?"

#2 goes to the pulp fiction episode "22 short stoies about springfield" "...oh and i even made a theme song. professor frink professor frink he makes you laugh he makes you think... and so on. oh those monkeys are going to pay."

i think we should turn this thread into random simpsons quotes and just keep it going for ever and ever. that'd be classic. be like me and my roommate last year.

Sep 5, 2002 at 5:13 PM Post #17 of 82
I feel like the episode where Homer goes into Space has to be up there -- in fact, almost the whole 5th season.

Despite being merely a nod to the stooges, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard when I first saw the "Insert Brain Here" gag.

Oh my...

And in support of the quote idea -- from the same episode:

HOMER: You're right, Marge. Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day I kept saying, "I'll go a little
later. I'll go a little later." And then when I got there, they
told me he'd just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he
would ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm
never going to let something like that happen again! I'm going
into space right now!

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:09 PM Post #18 of 82
I find the one where Lisa pretends to be in College to be funny as hell, just because of Ralphie.

Such classic lines like:
"Why does everybody run from me?"

and my favorite part, when the other kids are each in turn making fun of Lisa for being to "collegey" and then rolling down the hill. Ralphie just kinda stares at Lisa for a second or two with that dumb smile on his face and rolls down the hill, oh I couldn't stop laughing.

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:13 PM Post #19 of 82
I still remember the episode with the nuclear tobacco tomatos (tomaccos!) - where Homer always ends up buried by his tractor...
biggrin.gif

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: And I like Homer's Intro for Paul Krassner: "Did I mention pen..? Let me check..."
wink.gif

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:23 PM Post #20 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by Neruda
hehe, remember the one where skinner and Krusty are playing Russian roulette in the back of moe's bar with a whole bunch of Asian guys? "Di di mau! Di di mau!"

hahah aw man I don't think I saw that one.
frown.gif

so many funny ones

Sep 5, 2002 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 82
My favorite episode of the Simpsons is when Homer is trying to get away from PBS. I loved when Homer is running towards the church yelling “Sanctuary, sanctuary!” and the Reverend says “Oh why did I ever teach him that word?”

Sep 5, 2002 at 8:27 PM Post #24 of 82
biggrin.gif

"Mojo, show Marge your happy-dance!!"
- (gets up but can't stay balanced, falls into wall)

And can anyone guess where THIS is from:

"Oh, look at me! I'm making people happy! I'm the magical man from Happyland in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Laane!!

- "Oh, by the way, I was being sarcastic."

Or this one:

"Oh, well, of course, everything looks bad if you remember it."

Sep 5, 2002 at 8:36 PM Post #25 of 82
"Oh, look at me! I'm making people happy! I'm the magical man from Happyland in a gumdrop house on Lollipop Laane!!

- "Oh, by the way, I was being sarcastic."

hmmm i know it's homer talking to marge in the bedroom, he's doing some crazy activity... what crazy homer activity made people happy but made him discontent... hmmm...

i know the next line was "well, duh"

was it when he was a mascot? no... probably not... i give up. they put it on the 138th episode extravaganza as an example of homer being stupid. season 3 or 4?

"BART! Where did you get that shirt?"
"oh it came out of the closet"

...zzzzzzzzap

damn i havn't been getting my dose of simpsons this summer at all. good thing i have them all digitally catelaloged i guess. stupid work.

"whats that? you said you wanted the pee bucket on your head?"
"no, you're twisting my words!"

Sep 5, 2002 at 8:49 PM Post #26 of 82
Hint:

"How could you do this to me, Moe? This bar was going under and it was the drink I invented that saved it! If there was any justice, my face would be on a bunch of crappy merchandise!"

Sep 5, 2002 at 9:00 PM Post #27 of 82
The best Simpsons episodes are contained within seasons 2-9. All of those episodes are either classic or excellent.

There are so many classic Simpsons quotes I could never pick a favorite. Here is one that some people may not have caught because it's just the audio of a TV commercial that I think Bart is watching:

"Finally! The great taste of Worcestershire Sauce in a soft drink.
Ah...Steakie!"
-- A TV commercial, "Homer Goes to College"

I like that one.

"If you miss this, you'd better be dead... or in jail...
And if you're in jail, break out!
-- Announcer for ``Truck-o-Saurus'', ``Bart the Daredevil''

"Mrs. B: This year's topic is
`Resolved: The national speed limit should be lowered
to 55 miles per hour.'
Homer: 55? That's ridiculous!
Sure, it'll save a few lives,
but millions will be late!
-- Homer joins the debate team, ``The Way We Was''

This thread could go on forever.

Sep 5, 2002 at 10:45 PM Post #29 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by HD-5000
"God..

help...

Mojo..."

I believe you mean "pray..for...mojo.."
wink.gif

Quote:

hmmm i know it's homer talking to marge in the bedroom, he's doing some crazy activity... what crazy homer activity made people happy but made him discontent... hmmm...

I'm pretty sure that's the Mr. Plow episode.

This might be one of my favorite homerisms though:

"facts schmacts! you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!"

that was from the angel skeleton episode that featured Dr. Stephen Jay Gould.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 5, 2002 at 10:59 PM Post #30 of 82
of course, inventing flamin' homer. that's what made people happy and him discontent. should have had it.

"i also know you can read my thoughts boy. meow meow meow meow, meow meow meow meow..."

my favorite simpsons phsyical comedy when ned's talking to homer at the apple factory

brain:
"alright, you can stay, but i'm leaving"
*flop*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back