Sep 5, 2002 at 11:15 PM Post #31 of 82
Quote:

brain:
"alright, you can stay, but i'm leaving"
*flop*

lol that's a great one.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 12:55 AM Post #32 of 82
Thanks for refreshing my memory, neruda. I saw that one a long time ago, and it was so hilarious that i almost **** my pants!

Another good one is when the Springfield elementry kids are stuck in school during a snowstorm, and Homer and Flanders go to save him. Homer runs over a guy and says, "I hope it was Flanders"

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2002 at 6:45 PM Post #37 of 82
How about the one where Homer is laying on the couch and the TV announcer says something like "Imagine you could be doing anything you wanted."

And Homer imagines himself laying on the couch.

I think the helper monkey was my all time favourite however.

Sep 6, 2002 at 7:10 PM Post #38 of 82
Quote:

Originally posted by TaffyGuy

"go bannana"

remember that one? hehe, ralph is pure gold.

A great, perhaps underrated episode. I, for one, love the ending:

Narrator: So the children learned how to function as a society, and eventually they were rescued by, oh, let's say...Moe.

And the Bill Gates subplot.. Yeah, that was a good episode.

Sep 6, 2002 at 8:04 PM Post #39 of 82
Which was the one where Lisa goes oto file a lawsuit with Lionel Hutz when the other lawyer says, "What can one little girl do?" and they start laughing...along with Lionel Hutz.

Sep 6, 2002 at 8:15 PM Post #40 of 82
lisa sues malibu stacey for being sexist or something?

wait, there was a bill gates subplot in the lord of the flies episode? i forget. ohhhh yeah that was the internet king.
"you think i got rich from writting checks?" didn't know that was the same episode.

"oh, canada" hahaha same episode. oh god ralph is funny. and they don't ever overdo it so it stays so fresh.

"now you know what you have to do laddie... burn the house down! burn 'um all!"

i'll have to break out my collection tonight so i have more material tomorrow. hah.

Sep 6, 2002 at 8:30 PM Post #42 of 82
Last DVD set? Depends on when they stop making new episodes. I think they should stop making new ones unless they can come up with some QAULITY episodes.

Sep 6, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #43 of 82
hey, don't hate on recent simpsons. at least when it gets bad it gets shamelessly bad. gotta love the extra cynicism they add in, just so you KNOW they hate making new programs. and the same episode design for every one: 5 minutes or something completely random that makes a nonsensical segue into the real plot, just to confuse advertises. the best is when the episode ends in chaos, like the house burns down or homer is in prison. hah. just to irritate us or something. i think it's fantastic.

"whatcha doin?"
"diggin'"
"homer, is this story going anywhere?"

lol... ohh kay... yeah i want to get all the dvds but it'll be kind of pricey. my old roommate just got the season II set. i could really do without season I to be honest...

"oh, loneliness and cheeseburgers..."

oh wait i just thought of a good recent one. i forget the wording though.
"oh no i think that muhamed ali in his prime was a much bigger accomplishment than anti-lock breaks"

Sep 6, 2002 at 10:22 PM Post #44 of 82
millhouse - "Aw, why does Bart get a social worker? I'm the one with stigmata." then shows bleeding palms..

A line that sticks out in my mind, well that an anything Ralph ever says hehe.

Biggie.

Sep 6, 2002 at 11:37 PM Post #45 of 82
Quote:

i think it's fantastic

To me it's just very meh. And it's not the just the plotlines, I think the new episodes lack a certain intelligence and underlying dry wit that made the earlier seasons funny. When I think classic Simpsons I think hip and funny, when I think new Simpsons I think stupid with a few good jokes. Also the new stuff seems to lack a cetain sense of style, and the voice acting is worse, and some other things I can't really explain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back