Your dog or your gear, which one will you choose?
Jul 8, 2006 at 5:04 AM Post #61 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by recstar24
I seriously cant believe there are people out there that would choose a bunch of audio gear over an actual living being. Seriously, dogs are awesome, and considering they are actual living organisms that have feelings and need love and attention, why someone would choose a pair over headphones over a dog is mind baffling to me
blink.gif

Agree, some people just dont know how to love, its a sad thing
mad.gif

Jul 8, 2006 at 5:24 AM Post #62 of 69
People who picked gear should be shot down
rolleyes.gif

Jul 8, 2006 at 5:50 AM Post #63 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by plainsong
Yeah, who are the 10 jerks who voted to save replaceable electronic material over something living and breathing?
rolleyes.gif

I'd save the meanest ugliest dog over audio gear. I mean, even if I didn't want the dog to live with us, or didn't like it personally, it doesn't deserve to die because of it.

I hope those that hate their dogs consider re-homing them. You can always call the breeder for help there, or use a rescue group, or even the SPCA (preferably a no-kill shelter if there's one in your area). Seriously, if you pick gear over a living being, you got issues, and don't need an animal in your house. You and the animal would be better off to part ways.
rolleyes.gif

So you're saying people who may end up in hospitals because of allergies are jerks? Aren't we rude.

But of course, I'd say equal / equal. I don't have allergies, but I don't have dogs either. I do love dogs though... but I also love my music...

Jul 8, 2006 at 5:54 AM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by SonicDawg
But a Raptor can never wake up in your lap and give you a wet face for "good morning!"
biggrin.gif

Unless ... you tied the Raptor around your dog with a rope... Although that might be a tad bit painful for your dog...
frown.gif

Jul 8, 2006 at 7:05 AM Post #65 of 69
Just because someone loves their audio gear, that doesn't mean they "hate" their dogs, as another user here suggested. A lot of people here are saying, "Gear is replaceable, dogs aren't." Give me a break. I like playing with dogs, and taking care of them can be fun; but an animal is an animal, and buying a new dog is just as easy as buying a new pair of headphones. And to those who say "How can you choose audio gear over a living thing?", well, gee, would you save an ant if it meant losing your audio gear? Let's not have double-standards.

Dogs may be able to show some extent of emotion, intellect, and will; but the extent is so shallow that they are unable to engage in a meaningful relationship with me as a human being would, and I could not rank an animal as a member of my family. They are replaceable to me.

This is my opinion. If you disagree with it, that's fine, but some of you really need to chill out.

Jul 8, 2006 at 7:40 AM Post #66 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyOne
Dogs may be able to show some extent of emotion, intellect, and will; but the extent is so shallow that they are unable to engage in a meaningful relationship with me as a human being would, and I could not rank an animal as a member of my family. They are replaceable to me.

This is my opinion. If you disagree with it, that's fine, but some of you really need to chill out.

It seems that it is you who cannot extend your emotions to your dogs... if you have ever had dog before. Of course you don't expect dogs to shoot back a quick witty quip at your comment about its expensive manicure all the while it is reading its magazine... but the moment when you look into your dog's eyes that spark of an eagerness to have its head patted and ruffled, I think I have found my rebuttal for you. And I don't hate you because of what you believe, but it just turn my heart a bit cold hearing you say that.

Jul 8, 2006 at 12:47 PM Post #67 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by EightyOne
Just because someone loves their audio gear, that doesn't mean they "hate" their dogs, as another user here suggested. A lot of people here are saying, "Gear is replaceable, dogs aren't." Give me a break. I like playing with dogs, and taking care of them can be fun; but an animal is an animal, and buying a new dog is just as easy as buying a new pair of headphones. And to those who say "How can you choose audio gear over a living thing?", well, gee, would you save an ant if it meant losing your audio gear? Let's not have double-standards.

You've never had a dog... You weren't a true owner of a dog if you think that... Dogs are almost always loyal, they aren't like humans (can become disloyal)... The relationship you form with one is so strong, the sight of my dog jumping up and down to greet me always makes my day

Jul 8, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #69 of 69
Because a few of you still haven't been able to demonstrate a modicum of mutual respect, tolerance, and civility, I am going to close this thread.

Those of you for whom the shoe fits, grow up and lighten up.
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back