Your Community Profile...Collapsed?
Aug 7, 2011 at 3:01 AM Post #31 of 44
Quote:
...i meant huddler and their continuing to do all they can to break the site..

We all work hard very hard on this platform, so your asinine comment is unappreciated.

To the rest of you, a ticket has been filed, and we're looking at this.  I want to see the profile data restored to full visibility, too.

Aug 7, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #34 of 44
jude, unfortunately working hard and having the wrong(right) process are not mutually exclusive. huddler can be coding day and night but lately a lot important features are not tested properly and make it into production disabling the previously working feature in part or as a whole.
that is a huge process problem and means unnecessary major feature downtime, loss of users and you simply not getting value for your money.

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:31 PM Post #35 of 44

Quote:
jude, unfortunately working hard and having the wrong(right) process are not mutually exclusive. huddler can be coding day and night but lately a lot important features are not tested properly and make it into production disabling the previously working feature in part or as a whole.
that is a huge process problem and means unnecessary major feature downtime, loss of users and you simply not getting value for your money.

svyr, I'm not suggesting that this platform hasn't been without its problems.  As even more established forum platforms have attempted to update/modernize, they've run into--and continue to run into--problems, too.  (I still keep up with the other platforms, to keep abreast of their changes and evolutions, and even still maintain my own staging server.)

You are right, in that there are things that we still can improve on (and I say we because I am also very much a part of that process), in terms of planning and execution.  So, in part, I agree with what you're saying--and you said it without resorting to being insulting (in my opinion).

Aug 7, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #36 of 44
svyr, I'm not suggesting that this platform hasn't been without its problems.  As even more established forum platforms have attempted to update/modernize, they've run into--and continue to run into--problems, too.  (I still keep up with the other platforms, to keep abreast of their changes and evolutions, and even still maintain my own staging server.)

You are right, in that there are things that we still can improve on (and I say we because I am also very much a part of that process), in terms of planning and execution.  So, in part, I agree with what you're saying--and you said it without resorting to being insulting (in my opinion).

Jude, I don't mean the platform itself, I mean very specifically the testing and release processes that huddler uses for changes/new features to head-fi. When features continually make it to production broken and take a long time to revert or fix (and users have no option of falling back to the old working ones), perhaps the process behind approving those before release should be looked at, since it's been getting progressively worse in the past few weeks. (and I don't know if and when it will get better at this rate)

M, yes I should definitely cut down on the insults towards huddler... My apologies, I find them aggravating, but as always users don't know the full story and granted, web development is extremely error prone due to diversity of platforms and varying/poor standard spec support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back