Your chain + music for studying
Jan 26, 2014 at 6:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

DangerToast

100+ Head-Fier
Just wanted to hear what headphones, sources, and music people use for studying or working quietly.

Right now I use a rockbox'd Ipod classic going into a fiio e12 mont blanc and into my ATH M50S when I'm in the library. However, I find the ATH M50S clamps a little too tightly, so I'm moving to the dt 770 (I have a T90 and find beyers very comfortable).

I like listening to any classical with a cello or low-key electronic or indie music.

Post pictures if you want!

Jan 26, 2014 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 9
Anything + anything :). One album did pop to mind though, Kid A by Radiohead. 

Jan 27, 2014 at 10:41 AM Post #4 of 9
Yeah, Kid A is fantastic!! 

Jan 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 9
Kid A is a great album. Although it took some time for me to get used to it, compared to Radioheads former albums.

When it comes to studying I'm an old fashioned guy. When I study, I don't listen to music. I don't need entertainment. I just study
beyersmile.png

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:08 PM Post #6 of 9
Any music without singing, pretty much - I find it's the singing that disrupts my concentration.
I also like listening to music with which I'm familiar - so I don't suddenly find my interest diverted
by something new, different, and possibly terrific as well.

Jan 28, 2014 at 1:25 AM Post #7 of 9
Any music without singing, pretty much - I find it's the singing that disrupts my concentration.
I also like listening to music with which I'm familiar - so I don't suddenly find my interest diverted
by something new, different, and possibly terrific as well.

Pretty much exactly how I am.

I find the best music for working where I need to be able to concentrate on reading things is instrumental, my favorite being soundtracks. Hans Zimmer in particular is fantastic. Then instrumental Jazz like Dave Brubeck or Miles Davis is good as long as the songs aren't too busy.

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #8 of 9
Moby

And yeah, rediscovering Kid A with better headphones is awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back