Your biggest WOW moment in head-fi(ing)/music listening
Aug 22, 2011 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Hifianddrumming

500+ Head-Fier
 My first transition to high-end headphones was from a pair of Skullcandy skullcrushers *shudder* to a pair of Sennheiser hd280s. That was the biggest headphone transition for me. I remember sitting there for hours. Everything sparkled, the mids were smooth the bass seemed so controlled (at least from my unconditioned ears). Since then, I've only bought one more pair of headphones (Monster Turbine Pro Coppers.) While the transition was very amazing, and I did love the sound I was getting, it wasn't quite as sweet as that first step. What about anyone else? What was your best headphone moment/eargasm etc. ?

Aug 22, 2011 at 4:47 AM Post #3 of 10
For me it was when I ripped some CDs to lossless (instead of using < high bit rate MP3s) and got a Nuforce uDac to plug my HD25-1 II into. That was my first foray into head-fi and it provided more than enough evidence that this hobby is worth investing in.

Aug 22, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #5 of 10
Your biggest WOW moment will be when you realize that despite all the reviews you've read and all the posts you've read on Head-Fi and all the things that people have told you, that the only thing that really matters is what your own ears tell you.

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #9 of 10
Finding power cords and RCA cables make a difference, all in one night. I listened for two days straight. January 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back