Your Album of the Month
Jul 29, 2015 at 9:15 PM Post #301 of 321
Love this woman P J Harvey ~ Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea  . . .  . 

Be sure to check out "The Whores Hustle and the Hustlers Whore", "Kamikaze" & "A Place Called Home" !!!

"Big Exit" - 3:51
"Good Fortune" - 3:20
"A Place Called Home" - 3:43
"One Line" - 3:14
"Beautiful Feeling" - 4:00
"The Whores Hustle and the Hustlers Whore" - 4:01
"This Mess We're In" (featuring Thom Yorke) - 3:57
"You Said Something" - 3:19
"Kamikaze" - 2:24
"This Is Love" - 3:48
"Horses in My Dreams" - 5:38
"We Float" - 6:07
"This Wicked Tongue" - 3:42 (UK & Japan bonus track)

Jul 31, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #305 of 321

Symbion Project - Semiotic
https://symbionproject.bandcamp.com/album/semiotic

Hmm, hoping to see a small thread revival with these new posts. Anyway, for me the standout album for July would have to be Symbion Project aka Kasson Crooker's 6th album Semiotic, which came out on July 14. I've been a longtime fan since the second album Immortal Game from 2003, which remains one of my personal favorites. This new record explores some new ground for Symbion Project with its darker and at times edgier but also more hard-driven sound than what has been heard on previous records, which have often been more in the realm of downtempo and music that's heavily textured.

The record's a winner, with nearly every track being a standout. Also, I'm not much of a basshead, but the bass on this album is sick.

Highly recommended.

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:34 PM Post #310 of 321

Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream is my album of the month. I am listening to the entire album at once for the first time on CD. Disarm is easily my favorite track along with Cherub Rock, Geek USA and Today. The singer has such a unique voice to listen to and I really like it.

lucky you , it has been a favourite of mine since 1994 

one of the most iconic rock albums of the 90s and Billy Corgan's magnum opus (sorry mellon collie fans...)

masterpiece.

on topic - as my album of the month , i chose an ambient masterpiece (here is that word again...)

The Future Sound of London - Lifeforms (1994)

trippy , organic , fluid , earthly , alien.

the sound of future , indeed.

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #311 of 321
Tony Furtado - Blue Coast Records Special Event 22
http://bluecoastrecords.downloadsnow.net/special-event-22

I knew there was something special about this album by the way I kept going back and listening to the online samples. After 4 or 5 times I caved and purchased it. Just about the best guitar sound I've ever heard and incredible playing to go with it. Some guitarists just play a whole lot of notes. With Tony it's all about the music.

(Sorry, no cover shot. This is the image from the purchase page.)

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:13 PM Post #312 of 321

Fiona Joy - Signature-Solo

http://bluecoastrecords.downloadsnow.net/fiona-joy-signature-solo

This album features smooth and relaxing piano solo pieces. The pieces are so beautifully played even by just listening to the samples.

Fiona-Joy_Signature-Solo_Audiophile-Edition_Cover_Square.jpg

Nov 10, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #313 of 321

Users who are viewing this thread

Back