Your Album of the Month
Mar 6, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #213 of 321
^^ Already have the first one. 
wink.gif

Mar 7, 2014 at 1:01 PM Post #217 of 321
The last time I listened to that CD was when I had all my gear in Chicago and I remember it being one of my favorite recordings.  This one sounds very, very good on my DT770 LE HPs with a Dragonfly.  I can only imagine how much better it would be with other equipment.  For $13, I recommend that you download it and reminisce.  Let me know what you think if you do.

Mar 23, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #218 of 321
Miyuki - Fellow Citizen​
https://miyuki.bandcamp.com/album/fellow-citizen​

Miyuki, aka Lera Bauer, has been one of my favorite artists ever since I first discovered her music about a year ago. Each new release from her is a new aural journey into a new fascinating world that has been encapsulated in the record. Just purely from a sonic perspective, putting the musical content aside, her production is very enchanting and detailed. Musically each of her EPs and albums is very different from the previous ones, constantly exploring new ground. I don't understand why it is so rare to see this from other artists, at least in the West. Rhythmically, tonally, atmospherically, Miyuki's songs are really captivating, taking you on a journey when you merely close your eyes. This particular album is her most recent and it is hands down my favourite album of hers thus far. Its darker retro-futuristic sound really appeals to me even though I love all of her work. I could praise her music all day, but I will spare you and let you listen to for yourself. All of this fine lass's music on Bandcamp is pay-what-you-want, so free if you so desire – in lossless. She recently wrote me an email wanting to thank me for being a loyal fan of her music. She was very excited about that. I encourage you to show her your support if you find yourself enjoying her work; I'm sure it would mean a lot to her. Just send her a quick message or donate some money for one of her releases. It'll surely make her day.

Mar 23, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #220 of 321
  Brave by Marillion. What a masterpiece.

Here's the review I posted on my blog:

http://1week1album.blogspot.com/2014/03/week-7.html

Hey Joe, I know I'm late but would like to share my love for this album and the band Marillion. My favorite band. Geat review too from your blog. I'm subscribing :)

Apr 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #223 of 321

I've got so much love for this unique little gem that I'm not even sure that I should try to say anything about it, because it'd probably just read as a slurred mess of hyperbolic superlatives. But I will say that this album is beautiful, and that you may have to listen to it several times to grasp its beauty. Weird Japanese pop at its utmost, unfathomable best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back