Your Album of the Month
Dec 3, 2011 at 5:47 PM Post #31 of 321

I cannot get enough of this album.  Ever since it came out I've been listening to it.  In my eyes this is Meshuggah taken a few steps farther to their logical ends.
Dark, eerie, ambient, atmospheric, etc.  The grooves are massive.  The guitar tone is just absolutely soul shattering.  Everything about this album has an aura of mystery and darkness.

I keep coming back to it.  Listen to it in the dark.  It takes you places.

This in actuality is not only my album of the month but also my album of the year.

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:00 PM Post #32 of 321
51XSGA3S6SL._SS500_.jpg

Dec 5, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #33 of 321

17 Hours of music, 365 songs. A song written and recorded everyday for a year while touring the USA nonstop. I have been listening to it again from start to finish a little everyday. Folk/Blues/Rock/ Heres the the thing though, the recording quality is...not good, I don't mind it, infact I kind of love its clicks, pops, and fuzziness but others may not. Its definitely not for everyone, but its worth trying. You can buy a DVD containing all of the songs or you can go to his site - paleo.ws - and download each song individually (for free) by scrolling down to the bottom of the page for song Diary entry 1 and work your way up. Here is a link to one of my favourite songs off the "album" http://www.paleo.ws/songdiary/20060721.html once on the page click the date at the top to play the song.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #35 of 321

New month, new album. Wish I spoke German. I have no clue what they are saying here.

Dec 12, 2011 at 3:21 PM Post #37 of 321

Fits the impending cold weather.

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:02 PM Post #38 of 321
Without a doubt this one:
-----
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Soundtrack
Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross (feat. Karren O and How to Destroy Angels)

This album is 3 hours of fantastic music. An absolute must have for your soundtrack fans out there. Some of you may know that Reznor and Ross did the soundtrack for 'The Social Network' as well. While that was also a great release, it doesn't compare (IMO) to this one. They've really outdone themselves this time. The spooky ambient and industrial sound that this album oozes is amazing. 

Another thing to mention about this album is how many options there are out there for us 'audiophiles'. For one you can download it in 320 MP3, FLAC or ALAC directly from the website (http://www.nullco.com/GDT/usd.php) for a completely reasonable price (and instant download). They also offer a gorgeous 3 CD set that includes an instant download of the 320 MP3 version for you while the CD makes its way to you. 

The apex of this release comes in the Deluxe edition (which I have purchased). It includes the entire 3 hour soundtrack on 6 (yes, 6) 180 gram vinyl in a custom metal slipcover. It also includes the entire soundtrack on an 8gb flash drive (modeled after an item in the movie) in 24/96. Last but not least it's signed and numbered by Trent Reznor & Atticus Ross (Only 3000 are being pressed). Oh, and you get a Lossless format of your choice instantly. 

I urge everyone to pick up at least the 320 release and give it a listen!

(I know my write up sounded more like a big ad, but this really is a quality release)

Jan 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM Post #40 of 321

Wugazi - 13 Chambers

Discovered this in January.  Let me first say that I am not into hip-hop. At all.  I am a Fugazi fan, however, so I was very curious about this mash-up of Fugazi and Wu-Tang Clan tunes.  This is truly excellent, imo, and any fan of either band should at least give it a listen.  It is available for free here: http://wugazi.com

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #42 of 321

Just finished listening to Norah Jones Come Away With Me I ripped it to 192K VBR, it was magnificent no words can describe it. Such music gives me hope that there some musicians who really talented, I've got here new album Like Home but havent ripped it yet. But 'Come Away With Me' just blew me away, I think I've heard enough of awesomeness for a month.

Jan 27, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #43 of 321

Jan 27, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #44 of 321

Simply put, one of the best recordings of modern jazz ever. The quality of the recording has tremendous depth, warmth, and will surely make you appreciate whatever headphones you already have. Even if you don't like jazz, you'll probably enjoy this because it sounds so effing awesome, even through my entry-level DJ100s. I can only imagine what it'd sound like through some high-end amp/dac/headphone setups that many head-fiers have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back