Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Apr 20, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #5,686 of 6,671
Quote:
I checked the mail and got the notice my Amon Amarth showed up today. Can't go get it til Monday, but it's here.

My Anciients should be here this week, too.

what? how od you know your ancients shipped? i dont think ive gotten a notice or anything and i ordered like the same day as you did :/

Im listening to The Fall of Ideals right now though :D

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #5,688 of 6,671
Nice haul from RSD today.
Made a trip of it and went to most record stores in Manhattan. Quite the fun and tiring day.

Blind Melon - Blind Melon
White Stripes - Elephant
Cream - Royal Albert Hall London May 2-3-5-6 2005
The Dave Brubeck Trio - Distinctive Rhythm Instrumentals
The Zombies - The Zombies

Rolling Stones - 5x5 EP
Mumford & Sons -Live From Bull moose
Hold Steady - Criminal Fingers 7
Sly & The Family Stone - I Want to Take you Higher
Grouplove/Frightened Rabbit/Manchester Orchestra - Architech/Make It To Me

Paul McCartney & Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed
The Black Keys - Side By Side: No Fun

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #5,690 of 6,671
Also, you're the only other person I've seen post that they picked this up. I'm disappointed in the internet right now.

Quote:
Nice haul from RSD today.
Made a trip of it and went to most record stores in Manhattan. Quite the fun and tiring day.

Blind Melon - Blind Melon
White Stripes - Elephant
Cream - Royal Albert Hall London May 2-3-5-6 2005
The Dave Brubeck Trio - Distinctive Rhythm Instrumentals
The Zombies - The Zombies

Rolling Stones - 5x5 EP
Mumford & Sons -Live From Bull moose
Hold Steady - Criminal Fingers 7
Sly & The Family Stone - I Want to Take you Higher
Grouplove/Frightened Rabbit/Manchester Orchestra - Architech/Make It To Me

Paul McCartney & Wings - Maybe I'm Amazed
The Black Keys - Side By Side: No Fun

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #5,691 of 6,671
Some places were all over the place on their pricing.

I came across the White Stripes album in this one record store w/ a $100 price tag.
In another store altogether there were a couple albums I saw were different price tags ($29.99 and $39.99) for the same album.

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #5,692 of 6,671
Quote:
Add Blind Melon to my list...I got lucky and got one from another Head-fier. :)

beerchug.gif

I feep accidentally refering to it as Blind Lemon when i talk about it with other people, like at a party earlier, they all laughed lol

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:44 AM Post #5,694 of 6,671
Also, you're the only other person I've seen post that they picked this up. I'm disappointed in the internet right now.

I am more disappointed that I find a large portion of the people that went out early to pickup some of these "harder finds" merely did so to attempt to flip them on eBay.

This behavior detracts from the whole experience of RSD, especially for the people who go out to pickup these albums for their own collections/enjoyment. Sad to think there are some people out there that might have been unable to pickup what they wanted because someone else picked it up to make an extra $10-20. I don't see such an amount of profit being worth the effort of hunting them down either.

Apr 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM Post #5,695 of 6,671
Right now most limited RSD stuff is 2x the price on eBay. Blind Melon was on eBay before I left my record store for over 3x the price.

If they wait a few extra hours and buy a ton of the RSD limited stuff they can make a pretty penny, but it's still stupid.

Quote:

I am more disappointed that I find a large portion of the people that went out early to pickup some of these "harder finds" merely did so to attempt to flip them on eBay.

This behavior detracts from the whole experience of RSD, especially for the people who go out to pickup these albums for their own collections/enjoyment. Sad to think there are some people out there that might have been unable to pickup what they wanted because someone else picked it up to make an extra $10-20. I don't see such an amount of profit being worth the effort of hunting them down either.

Apr 21, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #5,696 of 6,671
Quote:
Right now most limited RSD stuff is 2x the price on eBay. Blind Melon was on eBay before I left my record store for over 3x the price.

If they wait a few extra hours and buy a ton of the RSD limited stuff they can make a pretty penny, but it's still stupid.

True, I suppose it could workout for some of them on certain albums.
Was just sharing my train of thought as I was reading how some people didn't get everything they wanted.

Most seem to start off high in price on ebay as the early-bird flippers hope to snag someone.
As the day goes on and more people have time to get to the stores and get on ebay the price plummets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back