Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Apr 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #5,672 of 6,671
called up a book store cause i saw they were participating in RSD, turns out they ordered 10 copies of blind melon but they never came in, so if they end up getting them they'll give me a call 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #5,673 of 6,671
How can a damn bookstore order 10 copies and my local shop only order 6. lol

Quote:
called up a book store cause i saw they were participating in RSD, turns out they ordered 10 copies of blind melon but they never came in, so if they end up getting them they'll give me a call 
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2013 at 3:37 PM Post #5,675 of 6,671

Went back and picked this up while I was trying to see if they had another Katatonia 7" for Soup. Unfortunately they didn't so I bought the MYSTERY SIDE BY SIDE to make it worth my while.

Grateful Dead/Dr.John/The Dixie Cups - Iko Iko

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:14 PM Post #5,677 of 6,671
Quote:
I passed on The Roots due to the fact it'll be available later...but I missed out on the BIG.

Ya, I picked up The Roots just cause it was there...
I got the last copy of Biggie, and the last copy of Phish (only 2 came in, and this is the one I REALLY wanted. I've never bought music just to collect, but I'm gonna keep this one sealed).
They had 60 copies of Blind Melon, so that was an easy find.

I got to my store about half an hour before doors opened (the line at that point was already half a block down), and that was early enough to get all the ones I wanted. It was so packed in there though that I took off, but returned later in the afternoon to hear a bunch of bands play in store. That's when I looked through the leftovers and found the last copy of the Ninja Tunes compilation, and I got that as well. Which to listen to first?!

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:31 PM Post #5,678 of 6,671
I'm so pissed to hear about these places with 60 copies of Blind Melon. We had 6. SIX. That's it.

I'm planning to keep my Pink Floyd See Emily Play sealed. First one I've ever done that with. It's not because I just want to collect it, but the way they packaged it is really stupid and I don't trust myself to keep all the stuff it came with and keep it in good shape.

The art is a thin cardboard printout and the actual 45 sleeve (instead of doing a printed one) is a generic copy of the old 45 sleeves. It'd all bend really easily, unfortunately.

Quote:
Ya, I picked up The Roots just cause it was there...
I got the last copy of Biggie, and the last copy of Phish (only 2 came in, and this is the one I REALLY wanted. I've never bought music just to collect, but I'm gonna keep this one sealed).
They had 60 copies of Blind Melon, so that was an easy find.

I got to my store about half an hour before doors opened (the line at that point was already half a block down), and that was early enough to get all the ones I wanted. It was so packed in there though that I took off, but returned later in the afternoon to hear a bunch of bands play in store. That's when I looked through the leftovers and found the last copy of the Ninja Tunes compilation, and I got that as well. Which to listen to first?!

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #5,679 of 6,671
Quote:
I'm so pissed to hear about these places with 60 copies of Blind Melon. We had 6. SIX. That's it.

I'm planning to keep my Pink Floyd See Emily Play sealed. First one I've ever done that with. It's not because I just want to collect it, but the way they packaged it is really stupid and I don't trust myself to keep all the stuff it came with and keep it in good shape.

The art is a thin cardboard printout and the actual 45 sleeve (instead of doing a printed one) is a generic copy of the old 45 sleeves. It'd all bend really easily, unfortunately.

To be fair, my local independent record store is huge - it's 11,000 square feet (also sells CDs and DVDs). There were hundreds of people there when the doors opened, so that might justify how many copies they got. I know the other smaller record shops in the area got much fewer.

Looks like you scored real well too. The Floyd and Sly Stone vinyl are great finds!

Apr 20, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #5,680 of 6,671
Floyd was a last second buy. I couldn't find it and then while waiting in line I spotted it (not where it was supposed to be) and snagged it. I was super excited for the Sly Stone. It made multiple cuts on my list.

Blind Melon is really the only one I'm upset about missing...but I'm pretty upset about it. I really want a copy and hope eBay prices come down in a few weeks.

My shop is huge as well. 1/3 of the store is LPs and the rest is CD and DVDs. They shoulda known better than to only order a handful of ANYTHING, much less a repress of 90s stuff.

Line was probably 3 blocks long overall by the time they started letting people in.

Quote:
To be fair, my local independent record store is huge - it's 11,000 square feet (also sells CDs and DVDs). There were hundreds of people there when the doors opened, so that might justify how many copies they got. I know the other smaller record shops in the area got much fewer.

Looks like you scored real well too. The Floyd and Sly Stone vinyl are great finds!

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM Post #5,683 of 6,671
I checked the mail and got the notice my Amon Amarth showed up today. Can't go get it til Monday, but it's here.

My Anciients should be here this week, too.

Quote:
Man today is just my day, I woke up and these had shown up in the mail too!!

The uk pressing of Adele's 21, pearl by grayceon, and then a cd by the Material called Everything I Want to Say

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM Post #5,684 of 6,671
Quote:
Floyd was a last second buy. I couldn't find it and then while waiting in line I spotted it (not where it was supposed to be) and snagged it. I was super excited for the Sly Stone. It made multiple cuts on my list.

Blind Melon is really the only one I'm upset about missing...but I'm pretty upset about it. I really want a copy and hope eBay prices come down in a few weeks.

My shop is huge as well. 1/3 of the store is LPs and the rest is CD and DVDs. They shoulda known better than to only order a handful of ANYTHING, much less a repress of 90s stuff.

Line was probably 3 blocks long overall by the time they started letting people in.

I think I'm gonna spread out listening to these albums over the next couple of weeks, in hopes of listening to them each a little closer, and appreciating them more.
I see you also got the Ninja Tunes IF.... listened to it yet? Thoughts? It's the only one I took a gamble on, but knowing that label, its probably real good.

Apr 20, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #5,685 of 6,671
I love Ninja Tune. Haven't gotten a bad thing from them yet and don't expect this to be the first.

I haven't listened to any of it yet because my system is packed up for moving early next week, but this stack is getting played throughout move in day for sure.

Quote:
I think I'm gonna spread out listening to these albums over the next couple of weeks, in hopes of listening to them each a little closer, and appreciating them more.
I see you also got the Ninja Tunes IF.... listened to it yet? Thoughts? It's the only one I took a gamble on, but knowing that label, its probably real good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back