Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Mar 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM Post #5,506 of 6,671
Quote:
Babel sounds surprisingly good on vinyl. Much better than their first LP, IMO. Good choice.

Hard to ever know what you're getting these days when it comes to new/current artists on vinyl.  With everything being recorded digitally-- It's a crapshoot on whether they turn a good vinyl master.  It was an impulse buy as I was leaving my record store, and I'm glad I did!

I just started a vinyl thread in the Music forum, trying to get to the bottom of what I like about certain pressings-- and what makes a good pressing of a record versus a bad one.  Still learning this stuff, after all these years.

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #5,508 of 6,671
How much did you pay for the LP? It's not too bad, IIRC. Gorgeous picture disc but it sounds a big lackluster. I need to frame mine so I'm not tempted to listen to it. lol

Quote:
Tool - Lateralus on CD and Vinyl for a friend. The CD didn't cost so much but the LP man.....

Mar 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM Post #5,512 of 6,671
Quote:
lol...paid $80 for mine. 

For that much I could have gotten Bitches Brew anniversary and had enough left for top shelf canadian whisky

Mar 21, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #5,515 of 6,671
Returned MBV and got these...

Put back Autechre once again. Might regret it later.

Rages Against the Machine - S/T 20th Anniversary Vinyl

My Bloody Valentine - mbv (Bought totally based on mastering pedigree. Hope it's good)

Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks (Normally don't get GH stuff, but this is an exception, especially since the master is great.)

Toro Y Moi - Anything in Return

Andy Stott - Luxury Problems

EDIT: Returning MBV. Might get new MJ and new Autechre.

BECK!!!

Mar 21, 2013 at 10:09 PM Post #5,520 of 6,671
Oh no schiit you listen to Anathema too? Been years since I last heard anything from them. Good stuff indeed.
size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back