Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Mar 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #5,476 of 6,671
Tame Impala - Lonerism
Beach House - Bloom
My Bloody Valentine: MBV
Dum Dum Girls - Only in Dreams
Foxygen - We Are The 21st Century Ambassadors Of Peace & Magic

Mar 11, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #5,478 of 6,671
My new year's resolution was to buy one CD every week.

To be honest it is a lot. I am now thinking of modifying the resolution to one a fortnight.

The reason for the resolution was that I'd had two very busy and difficult years and foolishly I'd let my musical exploration go by the wayside for most of those last two years.

So, 2013, must have a lot of music.

Anyway the last 5 purchases are as follows:

Mar 12, 2013 at 10:48 PM Post #5,480 of 6,671
Rages Against the Machine - S/T 20th Anniversary Vinyl
My Bloody Valentine - mbv (Bought totally based on mastering pedigree. Hope it's good)
Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks (Normally don't get GH stuff, but this is an exception, especially since the master is great.)
Toro Y Moi - Anything in Return
Andy Stott - Luxury Problems

EDIT: Returning MBV. Might get new MJ and new Autechre.

Mar 13, 2013 at 10:51 AM Post #5,482 of 6,671
I ordered a few CDs today.

http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/perimeters                                             http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/360

http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/hanging-masses                               http://ultimae.bandcamp.com/album/comfortable-void

Here's also two recent Bandcamp purchases.

http://locirecords.bandcamp.com/album/dusk-to-dawn  http://masutaniyoshihiko.bandcamp.com/album/vocaloid-albedo

Mar 13, 2013 at 2:37 PM Post #5,483 of 6,671
Last month's purchases:
SCANDAL - Encore Show LE CD/DVD (jpop/rock)
Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing LE CD
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: The Ascension
Coheed and Cambria - The Afterman: Descension

Mar 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #5,484 of 6,671
Returned MBV and got these...

Put back Autechre once again. Might regret it later.

Quote:
Rages Against the Machine - S/T 20th Anniversary Vinyl
My Bloody Valentine - mbv (Bought totally based on mastering pedigree. Hope it's good)
Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks (Normally don't get GH stuff, but this is an exception, especially since the master is great.)
Toro Y Moi - Anything in Return
Andy Stott - Luxury Problems

EDIT: Returning MBV. Might get new MJ and new Autechre.

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:08 PM Post #5,485 of 6,671
Just out of curiosity, where did you buy the the MBV that lets you return opened records because you don't like them?  A regular store?  I haven't seen it anywhere but his site via mailorder, hence my not having it yet, which increases my curiosity.

Also, not sure if you've listened to much Autechre, but if not then you might want to before investing in one of their LP's.  Somehow your reaction to MBV makes me question whether you'd like them very much.  If you've heard them and like them, pardon me and carry on, because I do love them myself. 

Lastly, I've always really liked that Beck album, and I'm sure the MFSL LP probably sounds amazing.  Probably the only Beck I particularly like, actually, although Mutations was pretty decent too I guess. 

Might as well give my 5 recent albums while I'm here:

AutechreExai  (LP)
Charley PattonComplete Recordings Vol I  (LP)
Andy StottLuxury Problems  (LP)
Ennio MorriconeMorricone in Colour  (4xCD)
William TylerImpossible Truth  (LP)

Actually the last two I don't have in my possession yet, I just ordered them, should get them next week. 

Mar 14, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #5,486 of 6,671
Waterloo Records here in Austin. It's a local shop. 

I love Autechre. I already own Oversteps on vinyl. His early stuff is just noise, but he's gotten more musical as time has gone on. 

As for the Beck, it's a fantastic album. I've wanted the MFSL copy for quite some time and I'm pissed I didn't get the pink MFSL on Record Store Black Friday. This will have to do I suppose. 

Think I'll be going back to get one more soon. Anathema - Weather Systems.

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, where did you buy the the MBV that lets you return opened records because you don't like them?  A regular store?  I haven't seen it anywhere but his site via mailorder, hence my not having it yet, which increases my curiosity.

Also, not sure if you've listened to much Autechre, but if not then you might want to before investing in one of their LP's.  Somehow your reaction to MBV makes me question whether you'd like them very much.  If you've heard them and like them, pardon me and carry on, because I do love them myself. 

Lastly, I've always really liked that Beck album, and I'm sure the MFSL LP probably sounds amazing.  Probably the only Beck I particularly like, actually, although Mutations was pretty decent too I guess. 

Might as well give my 5 recent albums while I'm here:

AutechreExai  (LP)
Charley PattonComplete Recordings Vol I  (LP)
Andy StottLuxury Problems  (LP)
Ennio MorriconeMorricone in Colour  (4xCD)
William TylerImpossible Truth  (LP)

Actually the last two I don't have in my possession yet, I just ordered them, should get them next week. 

Mar 15, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #5,488 of 6,671
Jeremiah Cymerman - Sky Burial (CD)

Fitz and The Tantrums - More Than Just A Dream (advance CD)

Goo Goo Dolls - Magnetic (advance CD)

Dido - Girl Who Got Away (advance WAVs)

The Band Perry - PIONEER (advance WAVs)

Mar 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #5,489 of 6,671

I recently picked this up, I'm very glad I found it. Mozart's complete symphonies on vinyl by one of the very best Mozart conductors, Karl Böhm. I'm listening to my favorite symphonies right now, 41 and 35, but I'll have to listen to all the LP's eventually. :)

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #5,490 of 6,671
Motorpsycho - Trust Us

The Minstrel's Ghost - The Road to Avalon

On the way:

Motorpsycho -  Timothy's Monster

Jolly - Audio Guide to Happiness Part 1

Jolly - Audio Guide to Happiness Part 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back