Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Jan 23, 2013 at 1:57 AM Post #5,341 of 6,671
Quote:
Black Veil Brides - Wretched and Divine
Marilyn Manson - Born Villain
Marilyn Manson - Holy Wood
Opeth - Deliverance (Had to check out what next masterpiece they came out with after Blackwater Park)
KMFDM - Hau Rock
Yes - Closer to the Edge

No regrets checking out the album albums.. All of them are great!

What do you think of the BVB record? Considering you also have there something as good as Deliverance

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #5,342 of 6,671
What do you think of the BVB record? Considering you also have there something as good as Deliverance

I love it. I think it's a great album, it has a lot of quality tracks and variety in its sound.

I don't really get why so many hate the band. I don't really care about the way their dress, as long as I think their music sounds great

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #5,343 of 6,671
Spent some time with my father. He came into town for my birthday and bought me some LPs. 

Michael Jackson - Thriller (This was used but also free. Good shape)
Tomahawk - Stone Letter (7" Single)
Tool - Bootleg '93 Lollapalooza Performance (Purple)
Testament - Dark Roots of Earth (Gold + Black Splatter)
RZA & Edward Drossin - Man With the Iron Fist [Score]

Definitely a good haul. Particularly excited about the Lollapalooza bootleg.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #5,344 of 6,671
Slechtvalk - Falconry
Cryptopsy - None So Vile LP
Sleep - Dopesmoker 2012 LP
Megadeth - Peace Sells LP
Solve et Coagula - The Secret LP

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #5,345 of 6,671
I like coloured records.

Mindscape - Martian Chronicles

Collapse Under the Empire - Fragments of a Prayer (Ltd. Edition White Pressing)

Also:
The XX - Coexist
Wreck It Ralph Soundtrack
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (slowly getting into hip hop).

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:01 PM Post #5,347 of 6,671
Quote:
Same here. Slow but steady, I'm really digging Kendrick Lamar's good kid, m.A.A.d city

I dunno for me it's just stupid

Jan 24, 2013 at 4:49 PM Post #5,352 of 6,671
Quote:
I'm incredibly particular with my Hip Hop. I'm a huge Raekwon (Wu Tang in general) fan but 98% of Rap is just not for me.

I do enjoy Wu Tang... But then, any "better"(regarding Kid Lamar, not Wu Tang) recommendations as far as Hip Hop goes? :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM Post #5,353 of 6,671
These are pretty standard recommendations, but if you have yet to check out DJ Shadow's Endtroducing, GZA's Liquid Swords, Madvillain's Madvillainy, or Nas's Illmatic, all of those are wonderful, and each will set you down a different path to hip-hop bliss.

A not so standard recommendation but a personal favorite of mine is DJ Screw--thick, syrupy, majestic and absolutely filthy southern hip hop. I'd start with 3 'n the Mornin' Part Two or All Screwed Up.
Quote:
I do enjoy Wu Tang... But then, any "better"(regarding Kid Lamar, not Wu Tang) recommendations as far as Hip Hop goes? :)

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #5,354 of 6,671
Quote:

La Coka Nostra, Q Unique, Arsonists, Everlast, Joell Ortiz, Del, Gang Starr, Ill Bill, Kool Keith, Non Phixion, Slaine, Vinnie Paz, Earl Sweatshirt, people often bring up Tyler the Creater but I really don't care for him. Necro is decent if you can bear the extremely violent and sexual lyrics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back