Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Nov 19, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #5,176 of 6,671
Quote:

You can pick up a good used SACD player for well under that price if you look around. I grabbed my Marantz player in mint condition for $100 off Craigslist.

Ah, I can't seem to find the tab on Craigslist for a CD player. There's no audio one, which tab are CD players under?

Nov 19, 2012 at 7:18 PM Post #5,178 of 6,671
The XX-XX
Avey Tare- Down There
Neutral Milk Hotel- Aeroplane Over The Sea
Shrines- Purity Ring
Fall Be Kind- Animal Collective(LP)
What CD players do you guys have/ I need some help trying to find a nice one. Less than $500.

Get the Emotiva ERC-2(?). 450, very well built, and lots of outs.

Emotiva is bang for your buck to the core.

Nov 19, 2012 at 8:02 PM Post #5,179 of 6,671
Quote:
Get the Emotiva ERC-2(?). 450, very well built, and lots of outs.
Emotiva is bang for your buck to the core.

That looks very nice thanks, Morbid! Put that on my Audio related wishlist!
biggrin.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 7:21 PM Post #5,181 of 6,671
chuck berry: jonny b good vinyl
the beach boys: endless summer vinyl
the rolling stones: emotional rescue vinyl
irish rovers: the unicorn vinyl
boney m: nightflight to venus vinyl

all $1 each 
tongue.gif

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #5,182 of 6,671
Quote:

Here are the waveforms for the vocal and instrumental versions, plus a picture which shows a zoomed in portion of the vocal version near one of the points where it hits +1.0. The red vertical lines indicate where a sample hits either +1.0 or -1.0. The CD version for the original song has clearly been peak limited to make it louder and it does sound somewhat squashed when you listen to it, but compared to a hell of a lot of other recordings I have this isn't actually all that bad really. As you can see, the quieter sections are quite dynamic, so only the loudest parts of the song have suffered. With a lot of music I have the entire song looks just like the loudest parts of the vocal version, and often even worse, so I wouldn't call Skyfall a victim of the loudness war; this is just how majority of recordings are mastered these days. That's a bit sad but when I think back to recordings that were released about ten years ago things have actually gotten A LOT better for the most part. *snip*

Does Adele's albums has any problem with production quality? I'm not sure whether it is her voice, or it is the mixing, but her voice sounds veiled and distant-but-artificially-enhanced a lot. I wanted to play with the EQ but can't really help much.

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #5,183 of 6,671
Just grabbed a few more off amazon the other day

Shinedown - Amaryllis
Kamelot - Silverthorn
Bayside - The Walking Wounded
Flyleaf - New Horizons
Another Black Day - Another Black Day (US Import)

Nov 22, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #5,184 of 6,671
  • Rush- Permanent Waves
  • 10 Years- The Autumn Effect
  • Chevelle- This Type of Think Could Do Us IN.
  • Rush-2112
  • Rise Against- Sufferer and the Witness

Nov 22, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #5,185 of 6,671
Soon, hopefully Lindsey Stirling's new debut album :D Love what I've heard of it!

Talking about Porcupine Tree, I downloaded all their albums in FLAC form from their site about 2 or so years ago. Amazing to have a band do that.
I got hooked after listening to Trains.

Nov 22, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #5,186 of 6,671
Well the last I'm getting is from an ecuadorian band. (Live in Ecuador)

It's really good, it's called Cadaver Exquisito. Really famous here, next saturday is their last concert since they're going away to Mexico for a better contract and more fame. I'll be getting it on the concert. It's their 1st album, since they've had 2 EPs

If you want to take a listen, you'll love it if you like The Killers, it's Indie/Alternative

soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tracks/search?page=1&q%5Bfulltext%5D=cadaver+exquisito

Search for songs called: "Niña Marciana", "Cancion Cuatro", "Crippidiscopunk", and "Los Sapos" are some of the best ones.

Cheers,

Nov 23, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #5,187 of 6,671
1. King Animal - Soundgarden
2. Live At River Plate - AC / DC
3. Endtroducing.... - DJ Shadow
4. Megalithic - Awolnation
5. This Modern Glitch - The Wombats

Nov 24, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #5,188 of 6,671
Quote:
  • Rush- Permanent Waves
  • 10 Years- The Autumn Effect
  • Chevelle- This Type of Think Could Do Us IN.
  • Rush-2112
  • Rise Against- Sufferer and the Witness

Ordered! Heard this band ages ago but just have never got around to ordering their album from the US

Users who are viewing this thread

Back