Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Sep 27, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #5,117 of 6,671
Quote:
Let me know about the new DCD album. I have the Nightfly and Fiona Apple already. Good shopping trip.

I just finished listening to the new DCD. The sound quality is sublime. I hardly see any room for improvement in that department. The album was both recorded and mixed extremely well. I also like it a lot musically, although the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first one - at least on first listen. The first four songs really grabbed my attention, but after that my mind started to wander from time to time. Still, the album was truly a joy to listen to. Pure bliss at times.

Sep 29, 2012 at 9:28 PM Post #5,118 of 6,671
"Babel" [Deluxe Edition] - Mumford & Sons
"Bend Beyond" - Woods
"A Tear In The Eye Is A Wound In The Heart" - Black Prairie
"Mirage Rock" - Band Of Horses
"My Head Is An Animal" - Of Monsters And Men
"An Awesome Wave" - alt-J
"Feel Good Ghosts (Tea-Partying Through Tornadoes)" - Cloud Cult
"Advice From The Happy Hippopotamus" - Cloud Cult

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM Post #5,122 of 6,671
Dead Can Dance - Anastasis (2xLP, 2012)
Sunn O))) - Agharti Live 09-10 (2xLP, 2011)
Sunn O))) - Rehearsal Demo Nov 11 2011 (LP, 2012)
Earth - Angels of Darkness, Demons of Light II (2xLP, 2012)
Lights Out Asia - Hy-Brasil (CD, 2012)
The Future Sound of London - Environments 4 (CD, 2012)

Quote:

I just finished listening to the new DCD. The sound quality is sublime. I hardly see any room for improvement in that department. The album was both recorded and mixed extremely well. I also like it a lot musically, although the second half wasn't nearly as good as the first one - at least on first listen. The first four songs really grabbed my attention, but after that my mind started to wander from time to time. Still, the album was truly a joy to listen to. Pure bliss at times.

Do you have the LP's? Side A on mine has some noticeable noise, really annoying! The other sides are flawless. I don't like it when the vinyl is supposedly "transparent" but you can barely look through it. 

Oct 1, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #5,123 of 6,671
Quote:
Do you have the LP's? Side A on mine has some noticeable noise, really annoying! The other sides are flawless. I don't like it when the vinyl is supposedly "transparent" but you can barely look through it. 

No, I have the CD. I've never even owned a turntable. I considered buying one a couple of years ago out of curiosity, but I'm kind of glad I didn't because had I bought one this hobby would have become even more expensive for me than it already is.

Oct 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #5,124 of 6,671
Placed my order today. Dont the LPs come with the CD as well? Or is it just the DL?

Quote:

On topic:

Amon Tobin Boxset (6 10"LPs, 7 CDs, 2 DVDs)
Flying Lotus - Until the Quiet Comes (CE 180g LPs)
Aimee Mann - Charmer (LP, Colored Vinyl)
A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step (LP, Colored Vinyl)
A Perfect Circle - eMOTIVe (LP, Colored Vinyl)
Puscifer - Conditions of my Parole (LP)
Two Fingers - Stunt Rhythms (LP, Colored Vinyl)
Amon Tobin - Isam (LP)
Purity Ring - Shrines (LP)
Amon Tobin - Foley Room (LP)
Modestep - Show Me a Sign (DL Single)

Awesome stuff right here.

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:36 AM Post #5,125 of 6,671
My last 5 CD's came after an 11 month drought of not buying.

Lee Hazlewood - Golden Hits (European import, only CD print I could find that has Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On)
Phoebe Killdeer & The Short Straws - innerquake
Lioness - EP
Lioness - The Golden Killer
Dusted - Total Dust

Oct 4, 2012 at 3:55 AM Post #5,126 of 6,671
Just got these a few weeks ago:

RHCP- Blood Sugar Sex Magik (was meaning to get this for like 2 months, just didn't get to it)
Weezer- Weezer (the blue album)
NIrvana- Nevermind
Hendrix- Band of Gypsys (the live one with 6 songs on it)
SRV and Double Trouble- The Essential SRV and Double Trouble the oldr version without the 6 extra songs (GREAT value, 30 something songs and I think I picked it up for under 20 bucks)

Oct 4, 2012 at 1:40 PM Post #5,127 of 6,671
Quote:
Placed my order today. Dont the LPs come with the CD as well? Or is it just the DL?

The vinyl version comes with a download code card. Could you please check if your side A has the same issue as I described mine has?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back