Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Aug 27, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #5,057 of 6,671

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy (Original CD Pressing)
A classic and when I listened to this I was shocked (in a good way) by the great dynamics and the natural sound overall. I especially enjoyed the drums on track no. 7 "No Quarter"

Soul Asylum - Let Your Dim Light Shine
This album also has some great dynamics for an Alternative album. A nice change from the smashed Alternative Rock of today.

10,000 Maniacs - MTV Unplugged
I have always enjoyed the MTV Unplugged albums and this one is no exception even though I'm not a huge 10,000 Maniacs fan.

Ryan Stubbs - The Walking Cardinal
A cool album with some very cool instrumentation. Check out his website - http://ryanstubbsmusic.com/

George Winston - Winter Into Spring
One of my favorite Winston albums and managed to pick it up a thrift store for $1 in near mint condition. Some awesome solo piano recorded completely analog.

Aug 30, 2012 at 8:50 AM Post #5,058 of 6,671
I pre-ordered this a couple of months back and now it's finally here, just in time for Miku's 5th birthday on the 31st.

Various artists - Miku No Hi Daikanshasai 2012/03/08-09 complete box [3 BDs + 4 CDs]

Aug 31, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #5,062 of 6,671
Quote:

A classic and when I listened to this I was shocked (in a good way) by the great dynamics and the natural sound overall. I especially enjoyed the drums on track no. 7 "No Quarter"

Houses of the Holy is probably my favorite Zeppelin CD, No Quarter is indescribably beautiful. and yeah, the drums are intense and gentle. Have you heard "when the leave breaks"? Seriously some of the best drum work on any song period.

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #5,063 of 6,671
Quote:
Quote:

Houses of the Holy is probably my favorite Zeppelin CD, No Quarter is indescribably beautiful. and yeah, the drums are intense and gentle. Have you heard "when the leave breaks"? Seriously some of the best drum work on any song period.

I wouldn't say that "Houses Of The Holy" is my favorite Led Zeppelin album, but I can say that "No Quarter" is not only my favorite Led Zeppelin song, but my favorite song of all time!

Sep 1, 2012 at 1:48 PM Post #5,065 of 6,671

Mirel Wagner - Selftitled
Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
Kansas - The Ultimate
Jeff Buckley - So Real: Songs From J.B
Laleh - Me And Simon

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #5,068 of 6,671
Quote:
That's a good haul right there.

thanks :) everything except back in black was only a dollar each too, and in great condition 
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #5,069 of 6,671
Quote:

Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More 

This is a great album and I even bought it on vinyl. Sounds awesome with better dynamics than the CD.

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:17 PM Post #5,070 of 6,671
Quote:
Melt Banana - Cell-Scape

David Bowie - Scary Monsters (remaster)

The Vapors - Clear New Days

Rush - Caress of Steel (remaster)

Rush - Clockwork Angels

I do not buy cd's often anymore, but the last four have been recent because buying new headphone gear and needing great source material. I highly recommend most of these albums from a production stand point and a musical one.

As the resident Rush expert, what's your opinion on this album? I've tried to listen through it a few times but something about it bugs me, and i can't figure out what

Users who are viewing this thread

Back