Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Mar 31, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #4,846 of 6,671
Prog., Jazz, and EDM is what I see the most of. There are a lot who dabble in classical (myself included) but it's just not what they talk about. I've been getting more and more into it myself lately.

Mar 31, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #4,848 of 6,671

Quote:
I can't escape classical ever being a classical guitarist.  I enjoy and sometimes prefer playing it more on guitar than Rock or anything else.

I'm a classical guitarist, too.

Mar 31, 2012 at 11:53 PM Post #4,849 of 6,671
BT- This Binary Universe= WOW on my HD800.  Like it was made for this headphone WOW!

Rod Stewart- Unplugged

Chris Isaak- Heart sharped World- wicked games sounds amazing

Norah Jones- Not too late

Tiesto- Club Life Vegas

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #4,852 of 6,671
Thanks for the recommendation. Any other hidden trance gem? Lol

If you're into classic 4/4 Trance try PPK's Russian Trance Revolution. Resurrection is one of the ultimate classic trance songs. Other than that...not really.

Try BT's other stuff but it's not the same level as those 3. Emotional Technology has a few great songs like Somnambulist and Force of Gravity. Also...get These Re-Imagined Machines. Great remixes. I bought the box set with all 65 remixes. :D

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:13 AM Post #4,853 of 6,671

I need this box set now.  Im listening to the Re Imagined album right now on MOG and its great!
Quote:
If you're into classic 4/4 Trance try PPK's Russian Trance Revolution. Resurrection is one of the ultimate classic trance songs. Other than that...not really.
Try BT's other stuff but it's not the same level as those 3. Emotional Technology has a few great songs like Somnambulist and Force of Gravity. Also...get These Re-Imagined Machines. Great remixes. I bought the box set with all 65 remixes.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 12:54 PM Post #4,854 of 6,671
I hit another jackpot last night at BestBuy. I was going through their 'Budget CD' section and realized that because the Rush Sectors sets just hit all of the 'Rush Remasters' discs are now discounted.

So...

Rush - Fly By Night (CD)
Rush - Exit...Stage Left! (CD)
Rush - Permanent Waves (CD)
Rush - Moving Pictures (CD)
Rush - A Farewell to Kings (CD)
Rush - 2112 (CD)
Rush - Caress of Steel (CD)
Rush - Power Windows (CD)
Toto - Toto IV (CD)
Bob Dylan - MTV Unplugged (CD)

All of these were 5 bucks except Exit Stage Left which was 10.

Apr 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #4,855 of 6,671
Berliner Philharmoniker & Karl Böhm - Brahms: Sinfonie Nr. 1 C-moll Op. 68 [Esoteric hybrid SACD]
Diana Krall - The Look of Love [XRCD24]
L'Orchestre de la Suisse Romande & Ernest Ansermet - Falla: The Three-Cornered Hat [Lasting Impression XRCD24]
Osaka Philharmonic Orchestra & Takashi Asahina - Bruckner: Symphony No. 8 in C minor (Haas Version) [2 XRCD24s]
Stevie Wonder - Innervisions [Audio Fidelity]

Apr 3, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #4,856 of 6,671

Quote:
I'm a classical guitarist, too.

No way!  That is so awesome!  I take a few guitar classes at my local community college and they can be a bit challenging.  However with classical style, I've been able to learn my second love, flamenco. :)

Just got the Friend For A Foe EP.

Apr 3, 2012 at 5:44 AM Post #4,857 of 6,671

Quote:

Just got the Friend For A Foe EP.

Good on you. How do you like the Ep?
I have to say, I love Chris Barrettos voice, but some of the songs would be very uninspiring without him on vocals....
Ever forthright is much more interesting from a vocal point of view.

Apr 3, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #4,858 of 6,671

Quote:
No way!  That is so awesome!  I take a few guitar classes at my local community college and they can be a bit challenging.  However with classical style, I've been able to learn my second love, flamenco. :)

I've played rather seriously for about 30 years--with a few side excursions into extreme metal--but it's all classical now!

Apr 4, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #4,860 of 6,671
Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary Special Edition
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Peter Gabriel - So
Anthrax - Among the Living
Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - The Sky is Crying

I've honestly been spending more time downloading vinyl rips than getting CDs, but the ones I've been getting are very good in both sound and content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back