Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
May 2, 2011 at 8:38 PM Post #4,471 of 6,671

Quote:
Meatloaf -- ''A Piece Of The Action''
Snow Patrol -- ''Eyes Open''
Paolo Nutini -- ''These Streets''
Queens Of The Stone Age -- ''Songs For The Deaf''
Moby -- ''The Very Best of Moby''

IMO some of the best albums i,ve ever heard, just awseome!!

That's my favourite album of all time. The melodies, the riffs, the varying structures, the drumming...it really is perfection at its best.

May 2, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #4,472 of 6,671
That's my favourite album of all time. The melodies, the riffs, the varying structures, the drumming...it really is perfection at its best.

That was my first QOTSA album but I have a thing for Lullabies myself. At first listen their music seems trivial but if you listen long enough it is very rewarding. At times quite dissonant, then ethereal.

Rated R was really hit or miss though. Still haven't taken the time to listen to their debut and Them Crooked Vultures enough yet. Too much music, too little time.

Cheers!

May 2, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #4,473 of 6,671

Quote:
Quote:

That was my first QOTSA album but I have a thing for Lullabies myself. At first listen their music seems trivial but if you listen long enough it is very rewarding. At times quite dissonant, then ethereal.

Rated R was really hit or miss though. Still haven't taken the time to listen to their debut and Them Crooked Vultures enough yet. Too much music, too little time.

Cheers!

Them Crooked Vultures album is more of a fun rock n roll album. Great to listen to, but it will never go down as a classic. Definitely recommend it though if you like QOTSA's other stuff.

I really would recommend QOTSA debut album. My second favourite of their releases and the songs on it really are fantastic. It doesn't flow as well as SFTD but great nonetheless. Also recommend Kyuss if you haven't listened to them before, probably even better than Queens imo.   

May 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #4,474 of 6,671
Them Crooked Vultures album is more of a fun rock n roll album. Great to listen to, but it will never go down as a classic. Definitely recommend it though if you like QOTSA's other stuff.

I really would recommend QOTSA debut album. My second favourite of their releases and the songs on it really are fantastic. It doesn't flow as well as SFTD but great nonetheless. Also recommend Kyuss if you haven't listened to them before, probably even better than Queens imo.   

Yeah I listened to some Kyuss on Last.fm before, will probably buy them eventually. I assume you have the Desert Sessions as well?

Cheers!

May 2, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #4,475 of 6,671

Quote:
Quote:

Yeah I listened to some Kyuss on Last.fm before, will probably buy them eventually. I assume you have the Desert Sessions as well?

Cheers!

Yeah I have all the Desert Sessions. Had to illegally download most of them though since it's hard to find a copy of most of them. I would recommend Welcome to Sky Valley if you ever do get a Kyuss album, it's their best album imo.

May 2, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #4,476 of 6,671
Very excited for the new additions!:

Dave Brubeck - Time Out (Original LP 1959)
Walter Carlos (before he switched to Wendy Carlos) - Switched on Bach (Original LP)
Eugene Ormandy and Philadelphia - William Schumann Symphonic Triptic (Original LP)

May 4, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #4,478 of 6,671
Stopped by CD Source!

John Denver ~ Farewell Andromeda (12" LP)
Duran Duran ~ Duran Duran (12" LP)
Michael Jackson ~ Thriller 25 (12" LP, picture disc)
Anberlin ~ Feel Good Drag (7" single)
Jack Johnson ~ You And Your Heart [Remix] (7", etched, translucent blue)

Also got a free CD sent to me from Craig Gore!

Craig Gore ~ True

May 4, 2011 at 11:28 PM Post #4,479 of 6,671
Rush - Moving Pictures (Blu-raY)
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (45rpm 2 LP)
Stevie Nicks - In Your Dreams (CD)
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues (LP)
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part II (2 LP) (pre-order)
Carole King - Carnegie Hall Concert (MFSL SACD)
The Carpenters The Singles 1969 - 1981 (SACD)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (LP)

May 4, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #4,480 of 6,671
Rush - Moving Pictures (Blu-ray)
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours (45rpm 2 LP)
Stevie Nicks - In Your Dreams (CD)
Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues (LP)
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part II (LP) (pre-order)
Carole King - Carnegie Hall Concert (MFSL SACD)
The Carpenters The Singles 1969 - 1981 (SACD)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (LP)

May 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #4,483 of 6,671

Quote:
Just picked up a copy of Magical Mystery Tour by the Beatles, and Led Zeppelin IV both on 12" LP.

I would kill for that Tron OST, Alucrid.

Those are both completely epic albums
normal_smile .gif

I recently picked up:

Grizzly Bear - Yellow House
Isis - Panopticon
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committe Pt. 2
Pendelum - Immersion (because of a thread on this site lol)
Radiohead - The King of Limbs

May 6, 2011 at 9:15 AM Post #4,485 of 6,671
Charlie Parker - Complete Jazz at Massey Hall
Clifford Brown & Max Roach - Clifford Brown and Max Roach [Verve Master Edition]
Duke Ellington - Duke Ellington Meets Coleman Hawkins [Analogue Productions hybrid SACD]
Erroll Garner - Concert by the Sea
Lou Donaldson - Blues Walk [Analogue Productions hybrid SACD]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back