Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Dec 29, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #1,936 of 6,671
After posting a few days ago, I went on a spending spree and ordered the following.

Japanese 10,000 Days - Tool (I keep hearing it has better SQ so I am giving it a shot)
Disconnected - Funkstörung
Homogenic - Bjork
Silent Shout - The Knife
The Hardest Way To Make An Easy Living - The Streets

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #1,937 of 6,671
Sublime - Sublime picture LP (ironic is this Sublime album is one of the CD's I gave as a gift in the HF giftexchange)

Grateful Dead -Terrapin Station LP

Charlie Brown Christmas CD

Beatles Live 1962 (2) LP in Hamburg 180G

Pink Floyd -The Wall (2) LP

Nirvana - Unplugged in NY White LP 180G

Dec 29, 2006 at 12:54 PM Post #1,938 of 6,671
Godspeed You! Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven
Hella - Hold Your Horse Is
Battles - EP C
A Silver Mt. Zion - Horses in the Sky

(plus a few albums from the gift exchange that are not handy atm; thanks AF!)

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:41 PM Post #1,939 of 6,671
Live at Montreux (1982 & 1985) - Stevie Ray Vaughan
Live from Austin TX - Eric Johnson
Twice the Speed of Life - Sugarland
Enjoy the Ride - Sugarland
Power to the People and the Beats Public Enemy's Greatest Hits - Public Enemy
Christmas Offerings - Third Day

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #1,940 of 6,671
“Brightblack Morning Light” - Brightblack Morning Light
“Yellow House” - Grizzly Bear
“Boys & Girls In America” - The Hold Steady
“Decline Of Country & Western Civilization” - Lambchop
“What Another Man Spills” - Lambchop
“Six Demon Bag” - Man Man
“Down The River Of Golden Dreams” - Okkervil River
“For Hero : For Fool” - Subtle
“Post-War” - M. Ward

Dec 29, 2006 at 9:52 PM Post #1,941 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
“Brightblack Morning Light” - Brightblack Morning Light ... “Post-War” - M. Ward

Boy, you never stop, or even slow down, huh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Saw you mention Morphine awhile back, but the what's spinning thread moves too fast for people to respond, so my questions tend to go unseen and unanswered. But was just curious about what you thought ... http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...10#post2584010

edit: Wow, just noticed that I joined the 1000+ club today. Took a few years, but I'm there now in the head-fi hall of fame with the rest of the elite crew, although some of you seem to get there in only a couple months
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 10:15 PM Post #1,942 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Boy, you never stop, or even slow down, huh?
smily_headphones1.gif

Saw you mention Morphine awhile back, but the what's spinning thread moves too fast for people to respond, so my questions tend to go unseen and unanswered. But was just curious about what you thought ... http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...10#post2584010

You don't like Brightblack Morning Light or M.Ward? I don't know if I like them yet or not. This was my shipment of discs that I get every year with Christmas gift cards. I look at the "Best Of Lists" out there and take a chance. I do have a slow month here and there.
frown.gif
I think that I'm probably done until the end of January or beginning of February. I know that I was involved in a buying frenzy this past fall, fueled mostly by my irrational desire to own everything Tom Waits has ever done! Yeah, I've liked Morphine for some time now. I really like this disc, "The Night." I believe that this was their last disc before Mark Sandman died. I'll go out on the limb and say that I think that it's their best. They matured nicely and "filled-out" their sound over time. I wish that their career would have continued to evolve. By the way, have our paths just not crossed lately, or have you been absent without leave..?

Dec 29, 2006 at 10:26 PM Post #1,943 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You don't like Brightblack Morning Light or M.Ward? By the way, have our paths just not crossed lately, or have you been absent without leave..?

Haven't heard either one, yet. I was just condensing your list as a quote, and that was first and last. Haven't been around much lately, and haven't bought anything new in ages. Been listening quite a bit to the recent Willie Nile CD. Pretty nice, if you like that old Dylan sound. Hadn't heard anything from him in forever, but used to love his debut. Great record. So is this one. Probably could be a little shorter, biut what modern disc can't you say that about?

Tom Waits is amazing. huh? You got any favorites of his percolating to the top yet, or is it all still too new?

Dec 29, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #1,944 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tom Waits is amazing. huh? You got any favorites of his percolating to the top yet, or is it all still too new?

Tom Waits is amazing and also still new for me, but I have come to the conclusion that, generally, I tend to like his newer stuff more than his older stuff. "Orphans" is absolutely phenomenal. I have listened to it over and over again. I also really like "Real Gone." I seem to have something going on when it comes to Tom Waits. There are songs and discs that on first listen don't do anything for me. I listen on a subsequent occasion and all of a sudden I love what I had previously dismissed. I listened to "Swordfishtrombones" at a Barnes & Noble in Baltimore's Inner Harbor and I hated it. A friend, knowing that I was seriously getting into Tom Waits bought it for me for Christmas because they knew that I didn't have it. I have listened to it twice this week and I really like it. This, of course, has happened to me before with other artists, but it happens to me consistently with Tom Waits. In addition to "Orphans," "Real Gone," and "Swordfishtrombones'" I also love "Nighthawks At The Diner," "Small Change," "Heart Attack & Vine," "Franks Wild Years" "The Mule Variations," "Blue Valentine," and "Bone Machine." In fact, of all of the Tom Waits music that I now have the only discs that I felt left me flat were, "The Black Rider," "The Heart Of Saturday Night," and to a lesser extent, "Rain Dogs." I fear that my recent obsession with Tom Waits has interferred with my appreciation of both Califone and Sparklehorse's new music. (I definitely consider both of these to be in my top five for the year though...) Sparklehorse is playing in Baltimore in March and I am seriously trying to arrange things so that I can see them live...glad that you've found your way back here.

PS. I completely agree with your evaluation of "Blush Music." It has certainly been one of the musical highlights of my year. Welcome to the 1000+ club! Quite an honor...

Dec 30, 2006 at 12:52 PM Post #1,946 of 6,671
Some Japanese Psych/Noise CDs --

Astral Traveling Unity - Studio and Live (aRCHIVE)
roserelease008488gm4.jpg

Fu*****usha * - Origin's Hesitation (PSF)
b00006agbv01ss5005904axx2.jpg

Go Hirano - Corridor Of Daylights (PSF)
r8413861164299246ul9.jpg

Sachiko - You Never Atone For... (Musik Atlach)
716495wl1.jpg

Suishou No Fune - Untitled (Japanoise)
263550lrh7.jpg

Suishou No Fune - Where The Sprits Are (Holy Mountain)
07d829d7ak0.jpg

* Fu shi tsu sha

Jan 2, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #1,947 of 6,671
Let's see:

Nick Cave - Abattoir Blues & Lyre of Orpheus
Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
Joy Division - Closer
The Cure - Wish
The Psychedelic Furs - Book of Days
Jim O'Rourke - Eureka
The Pixies - Bossa Nova
Brian Wilson - Smile
The The - Dusk
Cocteau Twins - Victorialand
Wilco - A Ghost is Born
The Used - In Love and Death

Jan 3, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #1,948 of 6,671
Metheny / Mehldau - Metheny / Mehldau
Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive (25th Anniv. Edition......didn't realize we'd been cheated all these years by the engineering and mix of the original release!)
Andreas Vollenweider - Midnight Clear
Vince Guaraldi - A Charlie Brown Christmas (Underated for it's jazz content!)
Pat Metheny Group - The Way Up

Jan 3, 2007 at 11:30 PM Post #1,949 of 6,671
Kicked off the New Year with some Amazon CD shopping:

"The Sun of Latin Music" - Eddie Palmieri & Lalo Rodriguez
"Freak Out!" - Frank Zappa & The Mothers of Invention
"We're Only in It for the Money" - The Mothers of Invention
"Left My Blues in San Francisco" - Buddy Guy
"My Time After Awhile" - Buddy Guy
"Pleading the Blues" - Junior Wells & Buddy Guy
"On Fire" - Michel Camilo
"Matador" - Grant Green
"Solid" - Grant Green