Quote:

My Dying Bride "Meisterwork II"

I love that CD
cool.gif

Jun 22, 2002 at 5:19 PM Post #33 of 6,671
  1. Beethoven's 9 Symphonies - Zinman - Tonhalle Orchestra
  2. Rebecca Pidgeon - The Raven
  3. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
  4. Petula Clark Anthology - Downtown to Sunset Blvd.
  5. Nancy LaMott - What's Good About Goodbye

Jun 22, 2002 at 6:55 PM Post #34 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally posted by JMT

Rick, did you get these off of Audiogon, eBay? Or can you point me to a link where vinyl is sold.
confused.gif

I get a lot of my LP's from:

http://amusicdirect.com/

http://www.redtrumpet.com/main.php

www.acousticsounds.com/acoustic/catalog/

I've found some real bargains lately at:

http://www.musicmonster.com/

Quote:

Originally posted by jopi

Hi Rick,

How do you like Paul's latest work? I've got pretty much everything from him starting from the Beatles up to now, though I've got to say his latest records became too boring for me.

Something new here? Worth buying?

I thought Flaming Pie was Paul's best effort in years. Driving Rain seems to follow in that vain. I like it.

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 22, 2002 at 10:44 PM Post #35 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally posted by RickG

I thought Flaming Pie was Paul's best effort in years. Driving Rain seems to follow in that vain. I like it.

smily_headphones1.gif

Alright, alright, I've just ordered it. I've gotta hav'em all anyway.

Jun 22, 2002 at 11:20 PM Post #36 of 6,671
Sam Rivers- "The Complete Sam Rivers Blue Note Sessions" (Classic: another great Mosaic CD box set; also sounds particularly fine through my stereo)

Sam Rivers- "Waves" (generally more free/out than his Blue Note work, but still grooves with Dave Holland's bass in a prominent role, Joe Daley playing a very mobile and exciting tuba, and the Thurman Barker always fascinating and sensitive on drums and marimba)

Bobo Stenson Trio- "Serenity" (a beautiful followup to "War Orphans" by a most distinctive, virtuosic, and telepathic piano trio)

Paul Bley, Gary Peacock, Franz Koglman- "Annette" (This trio [piano, bass, trumpet] plays some of the most beautiful and emotional music that I've heard recently in this 1992 program of Annette Peacock's distinctive and introspective compositions.)

Paul Bley- "Axis: Solo Piano" (This is a great live set from 1977, but it's way too short at just over 30 minutes on the CD. I think I'll combine it on a CDR with a similar Paul Bley solo set that I recorded off the radio in the late '70s from Billy Taylor's great NPR show, "Jazz Alive!")

Jun 23, 2002 at 12:41 AM Post #37 of 6,671
alias - the other side of the looking glass - anticon strikes again with more introspective white guy rapping over lusciously sampled and arranged compositions. so gangsta.

venetian snares - higgins ultra low track glue funk hits 1972-2006 - insane breakcore madness that eventually goes ambient with non-4 time sigs and lovely samples ranging from operatic singing to superhip retro funk (it's still "in", isnt it?) to cobra commander ordering u.s. soldiers dead. best album of the year thus far?

atmosphere - godlovesugly - uberstar rapper slug tells us more about his twenty-something girl problems over ant's often lacking production. half of this is nice, the other would've made bsides that i'd seek out if bored.

ordered, but have yet to receive:

subtle - autumn - ambient rock something
nwa - efil4zaggin - 2lp repress with original full color cover. holy expletive.
awol one & daddy kev - number 3 on the phone - yeah, youre pretty fly for a maggot.

Jun 23, 2002 at 4:00 AM Post #38 of 6,671
I've been buying cds in spurts, lately. My last trip to my music store I got:

Cat Power - Moon Pix
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited
J-Live - All of the Above
The Beach Boys - Smiley Smile/Wild Honey
The White Stripes - White Blood Cells
The Byrds - Greatest Hits
People Under The Stairs - O.S.T.
Archers of Loaf - Icky Mettle

My God, this might be the best bunch of cds I've ever bought at one time. Each and every one of these albums is truly a fantastic listen. Mm mmm mmmm...

Jun 23, 2002 at 4:29 AM Post #39 of 6,671
Ozzie Kotani "To Honor a Queen"
Dave Brubeck "We're All Together Again For The First Time"
Steve Green Trio "Acoustic Living" Thanks Sennheiser!
Peter White "Perfect Moment"
Euge Groove
Norah Jones "Come Away With Me"
Wilco "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot"
A Twist Of Marley "A Tribute"
Daniel Lanois "Acadie"
Hiroshima "LA"
Allman Brothers Band "Where It All Begins"

Yeah, I Can't Count
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 23, 2002 at 4:44 AM Post #40 of 6,671
the Borders store in my area had its official re-launch yesterday and offered 20% off storewide. so now i am broke after digging through the cd racks hahaha.

Superjoint Ritual: Use Once And Destroy
US Bombs: Back At The Laundromat
Human Remains: Where Were You When... (discography)
Toy Dolls: We're Mad! - The Anthology
The Buzzcocks: Singles Going Steady
The Bad Luck 13 Riot Extravaganza: We Kill Children
Gov't Mule: s/t

Jun 23, 2002 at 11:23 AM Post #41 of 6,671
I have'nt bought too many CD's lately, but.

Thelonius Monk "Straight No Chaser"
American Tribute To Heroes
Rick Braun "Kisses in the Rain"
Beatles "Revolver"
Joe Sample "Best of Joe Sample"

Jun 24, 2002 at 12:28 AM Post #42 of 6,671
Mine:
Set Fire To Flames - Sings Reign Rebuilder (which appears to be defective, either that or track 6 is the most annoying track in all of recorded history -- sounds like an extreme jitter test)
Fly Pan Am - Ceux Qui Inventent N'ont Jamais Vacu
Trans Am - TA
Adult - Resuscitation
Steroid Maximus - Ectopia
Mum - Finally We Are No One
The Radioactive Tribute To Kraftwerk
DJ Shadow - The Private Press Quote:

Originally posted by Jeff Guidry
Subarachnoid Space Delicate Membrane

I have been totally digging Subarachnoid Space lately, where'd you get this? Quote:

Originally posted by DarkAngel
Cradle of Filth - Lovecraft & Witch hearts

Hey, DarkAngel, IIRC, you got this long ago -- but it only came out last week, how...???

Jun 24, 2002 at 2:40 AM Post #43 of 6,671
My latest:

Guided By Voices - Universal Truths and Cycles. Lo-fi on the hi-fi. Good record from pro bably my all time favorite band.

Pere Ubu - St Arkansas. More of their same, even after all these years. A little disappointing, but has a moment or two.

Simple Minds - Cry. Tedious. What was I thinking?

Devo - The Best of. Also Tedious, in a sort of pleasant way. I should know better than to indulge nostalgia.

Elvis Costello - When I Was Cruel. A few downs, esp the hit "Doll Revolution", but a very solid outing for the man.

Jets To Brazil - Four Cornered Night. Excellent indie pop.

Los Lobos - Good Moring Aztlan. Pretty decent. Lots of tube Fender amps doing what they do best.

Jun 24, 2002 at 11:42 AM Post #45 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk
DarkAngel, IIRC, you got this long ago -- but it only came out last week, how...???

COF - Lovecraft & Witch Hearts
Got it over one month sooner and cheaper because I ordered from "the end" this source was discovered by KR. For dark music they have unbeatable prices and free shipping on two or more CDs (you read that right!) Check it out:

The End Records

Users who are viewing this thread

Back