Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Sep 22, 2014 at 3:46 PM Post #6,451 of 6,671
  I'll have to check out these Ace Attorney games then when I receive the opportunity. I seriously want a 3DS and while they are there are a plethora of items on my wish list, this one is always resurfacing partly due to the fact that the majority of my friends from school are in love with their 3DS. I'm hoping I can jump on the craze sometime soon. If I do, I'll be sure to pick up an Ace Attorney game.

He really gives the diminished chords a prominent role in many of his compositions, whereas people typically tend to shy away from them because they are traditionally considered "unpleasing" to the ear. It's that kind of thinking that keeps holding music back. As much as I love perfect fifths, consonance is overrated. I wish people would open their minds and realize music is more complex than we often are taught in school and there is still so much we've yet to discover.

I really wish to emphasize this for it's truth. There is a world of music out there waiting to be consumed and yet we are focused on the few that make it on the likes of MTV and such. It really is concerning as it makes the ground for artistry so narrow. I truly hope these ideals will change.

Apropos, Persona 3 FES is a game I've yet to try at the moment. I want to so bad as I love most of the Persona games I own so far. Listening to the soundtrack via YouTube and I think I am going to place an order for it. I love it already!

If you have a PS3, Persona 3 FES is available in the PSN store as a download for mere $10. It's an amazing value.

Sep 22, 2014 at 8:32 PM Post #6,452 of 6,671

Sep 23, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #6,453 of 6,671
I recently corrected a mistake I made years ago - I let someone borrow a few of my Jan Garbarek albums; that was the last I saw of them.

So, thanks to the lovely picking robots at play.com, I got these in the mail a few days ago:

Sep 23, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #6,454 of 6,671
Sep 23, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #6,455 of 6,671

My local electronics store had all their KoRn albums on sale for $5. The only ones I saw in stock I already had. I had this one a long time ago (my first KoRn album) but I misplaced it awhile back. I much like this version better because it isn't censored like my previous copy and it also came with a bonus DVD, which I thought was nice.

Sep 24, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #6,457 of 6,671
  I recently corrected a mistake I made years ago - I let someone borrow a few of my Jan Garbarek albums; that was the last I saw of them.

What, and you didn't promptly send out a hit squad?!  
blink.gif

NO ONE f**ks with my ECM collection. No one. 
angry_face.gif

Sep 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #6,459 of 6,671

Sep 27, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #6,461 of 6,671
  Great album. Quite overlooked.

Indeed--Mr. Pohjola is pretty overlooked period, even though most music fans are probably familiar with his work to some degree, even if they aren't aware of it. (Thanks, DJ Shadow!) I've had his stuff on pretty constant rotation on Grooveshark and Youtube for years--nice to finally buy a small piece of it, hah. ^^

-I was in a quite forgiving mood, seeing as my ECM collection wasn't the only thing she... <cough>.

Lol. Don't feel too bad, I've had the same thing happen to me. Lost my first Playstation 2 in a similar way!

Sep 29, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #6,464 of 6,671
In the order of which I recieved them (Newest to oldest)

1. Squarepusher Presents: Shobaleader One: D'Demonstrator  (Electronic Rock Fusion)
2. Jon Hopkins - Immunity (Micro House, Chillout)
3. Ken Navarro - The Meeting Place (Smooth Jazz/Contemporary
4. clipping. - CLPPNG (Experimental Rap/Hip-hop)
5. Rusko - Songs (Electronic, Dubstep)

(All very good albums btw 
cool.gif
 )

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #6,465 of 6,671
In no particular order:

1. Jack White- Lazaretto   <- A nice mix of stuff, well recorded, first Jack White album I've purchased although I've heard his stuff before. Not a big fan of the more country-         sounding stuff, but the more upbeat and aggressive tracks are quite enjoyable. Love his more experimental style.
2. Basement Jaxx- Junto   <- Pretty cool, my first Basement Jaxx experience
3. Bassnectar- Noise vs Beauty   <- Fun to listen to, literally trap vs dubstep (but Bassnectar's style of course, which predates the genres themselves)
4. Aphex Twin- Syro   <- Really impressed with this one. Bravo! Came with a free poster too ^.^
5. Star Wars- Official Soundtrack (original vinyl)   <- Haven't listened yet, waiting to get a new phono stage haha XD

Waiting for Knife Party- Abandon Ship to be released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back