Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Mar 25, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #6,271 of 6,671

mmmm Half Price Books

Mar 26, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #6,273 of 6,671
yup that's a doors moble fidelity original master pressed in japan. Has a couple of scratches but plays fine. Only 15$ for the doors and 35$ for all. This is my first master record so I'm pretty excited. Sound is very good.

That's not a bad price. I've been meaning to get the Analogue Productions 45rpm double LP since it came out but haven't pulled the trigger on it yet.

Mar 26, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #6,275 of 6,671
yup that's a doors moble fidelity original master pressed in japan. Has a couple of scratches but plays fine. Only 15$ for the doors and 35$ for all. This is my first master record so I'm pretty excited. Sound is very good.

Scratches always scare me away. I have maybe 3 records with scratches (Hunky Dory, Let's Dance, Abbey Road)

Mar 26, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #6,277 of 6,671
  "Lost In The Dream" - The War On Drugs
"Atlas" - Real Estate

What do you think of "Lost In the Dream"?  The reviews are fantastic for it.  I've previewed the album on Amazon, but it's hard to get a feel for it.

I really like "Atlas". 

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:48 PM Post #6,278 of 6,671
The sound on the record is good but it's quieter than non moble fidelity stuff. I guess that's normal.

I own a total of 2 MFSL records, they sound fantastic. If your lp sounds fine after the imperfections then that is awesome. Haven't been a fan of the Doors personally but maybe someday the taste will be acquired

Mar 26, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #6,279 of 6,671
Sound is good but I have to turn it up louder than all my other records. I got it because it's the first one I've seen used. I only have 3 master CDs, which I enjoy and sound very good. I also already have that doors on cd and haven't been a huge fan for quite a while. If I was going to buy one I'm glad it's this one though.

Mar 27, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #6,280 of 6,671
Quote:
  "Lost In The Dream" - The War On Drugs
"Atlas" - Real Estate

What do you think of "Lost In the Dream"?  The reviews are fantastic for it.  I've previewed the album on Amazon, but it's hard to get a feel for it.
I really like "Atlas". 

Yeah, I'm liking it a lot...I think that the reviews, particularly at "Pitchfork," are pretty accurate. I thought that it would sound more depressing than it does based on that review. It's a good album...

Mar 27, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #6,281 of 6,671
Sound is good but I have to turn it up louder than all my other records.

So turn it up? There is something you need to know before going further:

Mar 27, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #6,282 of 6,671
Last newest LPs on vinyl:
new
Broken Note - Black Mirror 12"
Nine Inch Nails - Pretty Hate Machine
Interpol - Self-titled 2xLP

used
Boston - Third Stage
Jackson Browne - Running on Empty

God I love crate digging

Mar 28, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #6,283 of 6,671
While sipping a cup of coffee and reading a local newsprint at a coffee shop, I discovered an article discussing Vinyl and the buzz it has gotten recently (especially here in Arizona). Upon reading the article, I learned a new record store had opened up. So like the lover of music I am, I skidaddled my way over to this new place and was amazed to see how huge their used record collection was. Many of them in fine condition with a fair price!  I unfortunately didn't have time to search through every record, but I did manage to get through Jazz section and picked up two LPs.

"Anatomy of a Murder OST" - Duke Ellington

I love both the film and the soundtrack, and I couldn't resist when I saw this and the excellent condition it was in.

"Dave Brubeck's Greatest Hits" - Dave Brubeck

Not a huge fan of Brubeck, I've only listened to his "Time Out" record and while I have yet to obtain that album on Vinyl, I thought this would be a great way to explore some of his other great work. I'm pleased so far, I must say. : - )

Mar 29, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #6,284 of 6,671
Peggy Lee "Black coffee" remaster 24/96 2004 VerveMaster Edt. CD
51gk25xGtSL._SY100_.jpg

Diana Krall " Live in Paris" Verve 2002
51TNfrMp6XL._SX100_.jpg

Kendra Shank "Spirit free: Abbey Lincoln Songbook"
51s%2BXZ0gApL._SX100_.jpg

Van Morrison - Moondance (2008 Remaster) [Japan LTD CD] WPCR-78028

41dW%2BTzeNmL._SY100_.jpg

Clifford Jordan Quartet "Live at Ethell's"
51rtEhyvoQL._SX100_.jpg

T. Monk "Live at the It Club"