Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Aug 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #5,971 of 6,671
I'll cheat.  These are three loaners I just got back from my local Rega buddy.  How many Rega owners can there be in a >5K town?  LOL!

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #5,973 of 6,671
So today was really nice. I went in with a few buds to our favorite local hi-fi dealer and got to listen to the Pro-Ject's Xtension 12 Evolution with the Brinkmann EMT Ti MC Cartridge. I can't quite recall the amplifier that powered everything, but I do remember the speakers. They were a pair of DeVore Fidelity Orangutan O/96.  Of course, this setup along was maybe equal to the price of a car, but it was so amazing! We were listening to a 33.3 rpm pressing of Depeche Mode's Delta Machine.  The amount of detail all around, along with the amazing low-end, made the speakers disappear for sure.  I had sworn I could have heard Dave Gahan was right in front of me.  Oh I felt tears run down my face in hearing how beautiful this setup was. One day... One day...

Afterwards, we ended up record shopping and I did a small splurge and bought two new CDs from a local place. I had forgotten how great this little store was and the great prices their products were priced with.

Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch!

John Coltrane - Live at the Village Vanguard, The Master Tapes

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #5,974 of 6,671
Quote:
So today was really nice. I went in with a few buds to our favorite local hi-fi dealer and got to listen to the Pro-Ject's Xtension 12 Evolution with the Brinkmann EMT Ti MC Cartridge. I can't quite recall the amplifier that powered everything, but I do remember the speakers. They were a pair of DeVore Fidelity Orangutan O/96.  Of course, this setup along was maybe equal to the price of a car, but it was so amazing! We were listening to a 33.3 rpm pressing of Depeche Mode's Delta Machine.  The amount of detail all around, along with the amazing low-end, made the speakers disappear for sure.  I had sworn I could have heard Dave Gahan was right in front of me.  Oh I felt tears run down my face in hearing how beautiful this setup was. One day... One day...

Afterwards, we ended up record shopping and I did a small splurge and bought two new CDs from a local place. I had forgotten how great this little store was and the great prices their products were priced with.

Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch!

John Coltrane - Live at the Village Vanguard, The Master Tapes

Great story. Sadly I don't think my local hi-fi dealer has ever had a demonstration setup that good. I wish every person on the planet could at least once have the opportunity to hear a truly breathtaking high-end rig and hear how good music can really sound like. Also I believe you might've just bought some of the best music on the planet so congrats and enjoy.

My latest seven music purchases. First three are vinyl, next three CDs, and the last one a digital download from Bandcamp.

Genesis - Selling England by the Pound [180g half-speed mastered 2008 remix]

Burial - Untrue

Jack White - Blunderbuss

Darkthrone - A Blaze in the Northern Sky

Lamb of God - Sacrament

Trivium - Shogun [special edition, CD+DVD]

Isaac Schankler - Hate Plus
http://isaacschankler.bandcamp.com/album/hate-plus-ost

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #5,975 of 6,671
Newest one is a 1986 CBS CD of "Sticky Fingers" by the Rolling Stones.

I'm waiting on a 1994 Virgin copy of Exile (the OOP Mini-LP one). 

Also got Daft Punk "Random Access Memories" on CD and I really like it.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #5,976 of 6,671
Quote:

Great story. Sadly I don't think my local hi-fi dealer has ever had a demonstration setup that good. I wish every person on the planet could at least once have the opportunity to hear a truly breathtaking high-end rig and hear how good music can really sound like. Also I believe you might've just bought some of the best music on the planet so congrats and enjoy.

Lamb of God - Sacrament  
Trivium - Shogun [special edition, CD+DVD]

It was a marvelous setup, and one I too wish that every person did have the opportunity to hear. It really brings one on a whole new conscious level when listening to music. Also I do agree. I played Out To Lunch! last night at least three to four times, it is so good. I've yet to hear Coltrane's Village Vanguard live session, so hopefully I can get to it today.

I see you finally got Sacrament, I hope you come to enjoy this album as it is definitely in my top 3 Lamb of God albums.  Now this is a nice surprise, I wish to hear your opinions on Trivium's Shogun. Trivium is perhaps my most favorite group of all time. I have attended at least 4 of their concerts and have met them personally twice, really great band. I really consider Shogun their pinnacle album. It's a perfect mesh of all their previous records mixed in with some mythological lyrics. A truly fun album I hope you enjoy! :)

Aug 28, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #5,977 of 6,671
Quote:
It was a marvelous setup, and one I too wish that every person did have the opportunity to hear. It really brings one on a whole new conscious level when listening to music. Also I do agree. I played Out To Lunch! last night at least three to four times, it is so good. I've yet to hear Coltrane's Village Vanguard live session, so hopefully I can get to it today.

I see you finally got Sacrament, I hope you come to enjoy this album as it is definitely in my top 3 Lamb of God albums.  Now this is a nice surprise, I wish to hear your opinions on Trivium's Shogun. Trivium is perhaps my most favorite group of all time. I have attended at least 4 of their concerts and have met them personally twice, really great band. I really consider Shogun their pinnacle album. It's a perfect mesh of all their previous records mixed in with some mythological lyrics. A truly fun album I hope you enjoy! :)

I've heard Trivium mentioned here and there on occasion. Never heard anything from them however. I went to my local record store today to pick up Jack White's Blunderbuss on vinyl and ended up picking up a few metal releases as well since I was there. They had Shogun for a reasonable price (9 or 10 euros I believe), which I felt wasn't bad at all for a CD+DVD combo. I'll let you know my thoughts on it once I've heard it once or maybe a few times. It might take a while before I get around to that, though.

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #5,978 of 6,671
Quote:

I've heard Trivium mentioned here and there on occasion. Never heard anything from them however. I went to my local record store today to pick up Jack White's Blunderbuss on vinyl and ended up picking up a few metal releases as well since I was there. They had Shogun for a reasonable price (9 or 10 euros I believe), which I felt wasn't bad at all for a CD+DVD combo. I'll let you know my thoughts on it once I've heard it once or maybe a few times. It might take a while before I get around to that, though.

No worries, take your time. :)

Aug 31, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #5,980 of 6,671
a2u2esab.jpg

Half price books had a whole lot of vinyl. Would have walked out with more if i had more cash.

Aug 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #5,981 of 6,671
Would it be unfathomable to melt down old worn out vinyl, filter it, and use it for new vinyl?

Aug 31, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #5,983 of 6,671

Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Borknagar - Urd
Intronaut - Valley of Smoke
Sleep - Holy Mountain

Got all of these from a freakin' Barnes & Noble. They guys that does the ordering at this location likes a TON of good music. I put back like...6 other CDs.

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #5,984 of 6,671

Amon Amarth - Deceiver of the Gods
Opeth - My Arms, Your Hearse
Borknagar - Urd
Intronaut - Valley of Smoke
Sleep - Holy Mountain

Got all of these from a freakin' Barnes & Noble. They guys that does the ordering at this location likes a TON of good music. I put back like...6 other CDs.

Had me fooled.  I thought sure I was gonna see some vinyl.  Maybe next time.

Aug 31, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #5,985 of 6,671

Users who are viewing this thread

Back