Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
May 8, 2013 at 4:12 AM Post #5,734 of 6,671
Rolo Tomassi- Hysterics
Cancer Bats- Dead Set On living (2 disc, with Bat Sabbath EP)

May 8, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #5,735 of 6,671
A couple of genuine masterpieces in their respective genres (though what their respective genres might be is open to debate) :

Mickey Newbury - An American Trilogy (ie Looks Like Rain, 'Frisco Mabel Joy, Heaven Help the Child and assorted demos and outtakes), Saint Cecila Knows, 4 CDs, 2011, recorded 1969-1973.
Three incredible feats of old-school songwriting (a Nashville cousin to Brel perhaps), occasionally awash in country sitar twang and an orchestra that sounds just like an analog synth. Amazingly thoughtful and delicate.

Jim O'Rourke - long night, Streamline, 2 CDs, 2011, recorded 1990
A single continuous piece of music, 2h40 minutes long. Some would call it "drone". Me, I call it an exciting dialectic of monophony and polyphony and one of O'Rourke's finest early pieces. Amazingly thoughtful and delicate. Who'd have thought ?

May 8, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #5,736 of 6,671
You got the Septic Flesh. Good choice.

Returned the Suffocation and got MJ's Bad 25 3 LP Set & Skynyrd's Pronounced... On MoFi.

Yep, you mentioned it and so I jumped on it. I had never listened to any early septic flesh before, only heard Communion and The Great Mass, I've only listened to it once so far but I liked what I heard

May 8, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #5,740 of 6,671
Quote:
Not on Amazon, I got the CD...

Oh well. I thank Red Dead Redemption for introducing Jose Gonzales, he is very talented

May 8, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #5,742 of 6,671
I'm done buying headphones and gear and such, so I've been purchasing quite a bit of music lately. Went a bit nuts over the last couple weeks....

Guns N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction [picture disc]
Marillion - Incommunicado [picture disc]
Rage Against The Machine - XX [picture disc]

Santigold - Santigold
The Fall - The Wonderful Frightening World Of
Os Mutantes - Mutantes

Elvis Costello - My Aim Is True [MoFi]
Elvis Costello - The Delivery Man
Keith Jarrett - The Koln Concert

Chet Baker - Sings
Yo La Tengo - I Am Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Mosquito

......and the KAB EV-1 record cleaner; makes a huge difference reducing static and surface noise :)

May 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #5,743 of 6,671
Boston - Dont Look Back
Mars Volta - Deloused 
Barenaked Ladies - Everything to Everyone
RUSH - Feedback
Queen - A Night at the Opera

May 9, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #5,744 of 6,671
The latest for me are:

Tycho- Dive (don't really like it, but someone recommended it to me)

David Gilmour- On an Island

Nine Inch Nails- Pretty Hate Machine Remastered (been listening to this one a lot lately) 

Gary Numan- The Pleasure Principle (also good)

Rob Dougan- Furious Angels (awesome) 

May 9, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #5,745 of 6,671

Armando Trovajoli - Musical Nightcap (It was in nice condition and looked different then my normal stuff)
Sprinkler - More Boy, Less Friend (thought it was indie rock or emo.... but it's grunge)
Devotion - person Son Of Affluence Blues
Candlemass - Epicus Doomicus Metallicus 2CD
Charles Bronson - Complete Discocrappy (been looking for this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back