Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Jun 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM Post #4,952 of 6,671
The Who - "Who Are You" MFSL Gold CD
Brandi Carlile - "Bear Creek"
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - Every album on CD/DVD except the last 3 which haven't been released and the 3 I already own.
Gram Parsons - "GP" MFSL hybrid SACD
Cowboy Junkies - "The Trinity Session" Classic Compact Discs Gold CD. I never thought I would find this for a decent price. I spent more than I would have liked, but it was a good deal considering copies go for >$150 on ebay.

Jun 13, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #4,953 of 6,671
TRAM- Lingua Franca

And a few from local New Zealand Artists-

Six60- Self Titled
Avalanche City- Our New Life Above The Clouds
Depths- Resurgence

Jun 13, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #4,954 of 6,671

Jun 15, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #4,955 of 6,671
"There's No Leaving Now" - The Tallest Man On Earth
"Among The Leaves" (Limited Deluxe Edition) - Sun Kil Moon
"Spirit Bird" - Xavier Rudd
"Americana" - Neil Young & Crazy Horse
"Foundation: The Doc Watson Guitar Instrumental Collection (1964-1998)" - Doc Watson
"Trouble In Mind: The Doc Watson Country Blues Collection (1964-1998)" - Doc Watson

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:15 PM Post #4,959 of 6,671
Quote:
How is this? I really enjoyed "Shallow Grave" and "The Wild Hunt".

I don't have "Shallow Grave." (...just ordered it from Amazon, don't know how that one got by me) I have "The Wild Hunt," and "Sometimes The Blues Is Just A Passing Bird." I really like them both. I have only listened to "There's No Leaving Now" one time all the way through, but I am impressed. It made a better impression on me after the first listen then either of the other two albums that I mentioned. If you like the previous work of The Tallest Man On Earth, you will definitely like this new one...let me know what you think when you hear it!

Jun 16, 2012 at 8:19 AM Post #4,960 of 6,671
First off, I have seven new CD purchases which can be seen below.

Above & Beyond - Tri-State
BT - Ima [2 CDs]
Chicane - Far from the Maddening Crowds [2007 reissue]
Kayo Dot - Dowsing Anemone with Copper Tongue
Negură Bunget - OM
Pendulum - Hold Your Colour
Tenacious D - Rize of the Fenix

Furthermore, I've bought quite a number of albums on the iTunes Store, but since it's a bit difficult for me to remember all of them individually, I'll stick to one label and report that I've bought every release Otographic Music has out right now. I already had the album Thirty by Hiroyuki ODA, so below is a complete list of the rest of the releases, which are mostly singles and EPs. I'm aware that these track are available as WAV files from a couple of digital distributors but they cost more than twice what iTunes is asking and I decided that the price wasn't competitive enough in my opinion. Not that the music isn't worth what they are asking, and I can always upgrade my favorite tracks to the lossless files later, at additional cost of course.

Actually, since it's Saturday and I have the time, I'll add YouTube links to promotional crossfades of each release or alternatively to a full version of the track if I can find a video. I can highly recommend Rest, Airo / Parker, Far East Garden and Trio EP, although I'm relatively certain this label hasn't released a single bad track so far, so all of the releases are excellent.

Hiroyuki ODAThirty RemixesIgnite / Impulsion
KaNaFlower of SnowUluru
KIWAMUElegance / BirthRest
Kyohei AkagawaAurobind / KindheitAiro / Parker
NhatoTokyo Blue PipeFar East Garden
Tin5haClear Blue SkyRemember the Sunset / NE.JI.MA.KI
Various artists - Trio EP

And finally these two video releases came in a couple of days ago.

MIKUNOPOLIS in Los Angeles [Blu-Ray Disc]

Music of Science [DVD-Video + DVD-ROM with HD (720p) versions of the videos]

Jun 16, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #4,961 of 6,671
You have no idea how badly I want to spend some time with your CD collection ripping. :D

Quote:

BT - Ima [2 CDs]
Negură Bunget - OM

KaNaFlower of SnowUluru

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:14 AM Post #4,962 of 6,671
Quote:
You have no idea how badly I want to spend some time with your CD collection ripping. :D

Hahahaa... You'll have to jump on a plane. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #4,963 of 6,671
Alison Krauss & Union Station - Paper Airplane

Keane - Strangeland

Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler (2012 Original US Press in Red, Limited to 180 copies)

Jun 19, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #4,965 of 6,671
Quote:

BT - Ima [2 CDs]
Negură Bunget - OM

Furthermore, I've bought quite a number of albums on the iTunes Store, but since it's a bit difficult for me to remember all of them individually, I'll stick to one label and report that I've bought every release Otographic Music has out right now. I already had the album Thirty by Hiroyuki ODA, so below is a complete list of the rest of the releases, which are mostly singles and EPs. I'm aware that these track are available as WAV files from a couple of digital distributors but they cost more than twice what iTunes is asking and I decided that the price wasn't competitive enough in my opinion. Not that the music isn't worth what they are asking, and I can always upgrade my favorite tracks to the lossless files later, at additional cost of course.

Actually, since it's Saturday and I have the time, I'll add YouTube links to promotional crossfades of each release or alternatively to a full version of the track if I can find a video. I can highly recommend Rest, Airo / Parker, Far East Garden and Trio EP, although I'm relatively certain this label hasn't released a single bad track so far, so all of the releases are excellent.

KaNaFlower of SnowUluru

And finally these two video releases came in a couple of days ago.

MIKUNOPOLIS in Los Angeles [Blu-Ray Disc]

Music of Science [DVD-Video + DVD-ROM with HD (720p) versions of the videos]

TJ Elite, you listen to some awesome music! =)

I really want those CDs now!  I see Beatport has them, any idea what format they are in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back