Your 5 newest CDs (or LPs)
Mar 14, 2003 at 7:07 PM Post #166 of 6,671
Quote:

Originally posted by scrypt
I've been meaning to hear Find Candace (since you can tell I own Doll Doll Doll). If ever you wanted to send a sample mp3 to my e-mail address, I doubt I'd stop you.

There should be samples on the Hymen label site.

- Chris

Mar 14, 2003 at 7:28 PM Post #168 of 6,671
Quote:

Thanks, Chris.

Sounds like more of the same (which means I'll be buying it soon). I heart Trevor Brown.

Indeed. I wish posters of Trevor's art existed...

One of the main selling points for that Brighter Death Now show is that Jinx (the label organizing it) will be printing shirts with this image on them and selling them at the show. I can't wait to get my hands on one of those.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #169 of 6,671
I would love to have that shirt. I'm wondering if there might be another way.

Have you ever seen a magazine called Funeral Party? I'm in the second issue, which has a Trevor Brown cover.

I'm not certain TB posters are unavailable in Japan. A friend brought back strange magazines in which Brown drawings and various unsavory photos were interposed. If you've seen forensic VCDs from Thailand and morgue DVDs from Japan, you know how different things can be in places that lack our, how-you-say, phobias.

Mar 14, 2003 at 8:32 PM Post #170 of 6,671
After about 45 minutes of searching through J&R's used CD racks yesterday I came away with these:

John Fogerty Premonition-Live
Simon & Garfunkel-Wednesday Morning 3 AM
Springsteen-Blood Brothers
Led Zepplin IV
Tim McGraw-Everywhere

plus bought the new Police SACD compilation new.

Mar 17, 2003 at 5:53 AM Post #171 of 6,671
Quote:

Tomas of Ordo Equilibrio just wrote to me, DC[.] He's got a new address in Stockholm. Can't recall much more than that except that the gentleman's a very good e-mail friend and engineers most if not all of his own music. We once had a talk about that.

Excellent timing -- I have, in fact, been slain. R. Karmanik has sent me some of the releases you've mentioned here. And I recall liking Herbstwerk by Sophie quite a bit.

I'll have to check out Herbstwerk...as well as all my old CMI stuff.

I have to take back anything I may have said about them. It's just that, I was going from memory, and some of those memories are 10 years old! I'm in a completely different place, musically, now, than I was then.

That said, keeping this thread on topic, I was in a bit of a classical mood lately, so I picked up a whole bunch of Rubinstein (Brahms, Chopin, Schubert), and Lacrimosa, Echoes, which is gorgeous.

Oh, and a couple of SACD's: Blue Oyster Cult, Joe Satriani, the new Holst Planets and the new Dvorak 9th.

Alright, that's more than 5, but I didn't want to pick and choose.

Mar 17, 2003 at 8:34 PM Post #173 of 6,671
Femi B - "Also Known As: One" (Various)
DJ Pathaan - "Stoned Asia" (Various), disc 2
Asian Dub Foundation - "Enemy of the Enemy"
Massive Attack - "100th Window"

That`s only four, but highly recommended. Can`t decide which one between Massive Attack and ADF is my "album of the year" so far...

Mar 18, 2003 at 9:25 PM Post #174 of 6,671
Moloko "Statues"
Sofa Surfers "Encounters"
Hooverphonic "presents Jackie Cane"
Badmarsh & Shri "Signs"
Turntablerocker "Smile"

and <drumroll>

Best of John Barry "Themenology"
biggrin.gif

Grinnings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

P.S.: No, I can't count to five, either...
wink.gif

Mar 18, 2003 at 9:30 PM Post #175 of 6,671
Beethoven 9 Symphonien box set by Herbert von Karajan 1963
Norah Jones - Come away with me
Diana Krall - Live in Paris
Vivaldi - The Four Seasons - by Herbert von Karajan

So far, I love Vivaldi the most, then Diana Krall and Norach Jones, Beethoven least <= this is boring for me, still need time enjoy it

Mar 19, 2003 at 10:12 PM Post #177 of 6,671
1. mouse on mars - vulvaland (been wanting this for awhile now)*
2. tosca - dehli9 (i like peter kruder's side projects, why not try dorfmeisters?)
3. shonen knife - brand new knife (impulse buy)
4. frente! - marvin the album (impulse buy)
5. cat stevens - matthew & son (impulse buy)

... i'm spending too much money recently. time to take a chunk out of the ole grocery budget...

*Doh! I was actually after audiotacker... ah well, i would have picked this one up eventually anyways. this is where impulse buying gets you...

Mar 20, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #178 of 6,671
Cradle of Filth- Damnation and a Day
Immortal-At the Heart of Winter
Darkthrone-Plagueweider
Darkthrone-Panzerfaust
..And Oceans-The Dynamic Gallery of Thoughts

I don't always post here but I do like to see this thread grow.

Mar 25, 2003 at 2:16 AM Post #180 of 6,671
A Silver Mount Zion - Born into Trouble as The Sparks Fly Upward

A Silver Mount Zion - He Has Left us Alone But Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corners of Our Rooms

The Apples in Stereo - Her Wallpaper Reverie

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Yr. Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven

Godspeed You Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back