You play the guitar on the M.T.V. ... that's the way you do it, Money for nothing and your chicks for free!
Aug 25, 2009 at 2:08 PM Post #16 of 29
I stayed up all night watching MTV when it first aired. I think there were only around 100 music videos in rotation at the time, but it was still fun. That was when MTV actually played music videos. Ah, to be in high school again during the early 80s.

John Hughes...we miss you man! <sniff>

Aug 25, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I stayed up all night watching MTV when it first aired. I think there were only around 100 music videos in rotation at the time, but it was still fun. That was when MTV actually played music videos. Ah, to be in high school again during the early 80s.

John Hughes...we miss you man! <sniff>

Are you kidding us?
You did watch MTV on [size=large]August 1, 1981!!![/size]

[size=large]Wow! Congratulations![/size]
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

and, for MTV's sake, you also need some food
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif
popcorn.gif

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZepFloyd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
with the girls that are on the show! haha

Naturally.

They were all at Good Stuff Eatery on Thursday. The hot one got up to go to the bathroom, so I followed her. The conversation in line went like this:

"So, those all your roomates?"
"Yeah."
"Wow, six of you guys huh?"
"Uh huh."
"Did you know each other first or is it like a group house thing?"
"No, we were all strangers."
"Man, you guys must really be poor."

At which time a producer walked over and asked if I could please stop harassing the lady.

Aug 25, 2009 at 6:32 PM Post #20 of 29
I did watch them quite a bit in the late 80s and early 90s, but since then it has been a lot less.
Mainly because the channel is not distributed around here...

Aug 25, 2009 at 7:11 PM Post #21 of 29
Mtv today is horrendous but I used to watch it quite a bit in the 90's.

I loved Beavis&Butthead, Headbangers ball and Alternative Nation when Toby Amies hosted it (best mtv presenter ever),

Aug 25, 2009 at 8:19 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRobbStory /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Naturally.

They were all at Good Stuff Eatery on Thursday. The hot one got up to go to the bathroom, so I followed her. The conversation in line went like this:

"So, those all your roomates?"
"Yeah."
"Wow, six of you guys huh?"
"Uh huh."
"Did you know each other first or is it like a group house thing?"
"No, we were all strangers."
"Man, you guys must really be poor."

At which time a producer walked over and asked if I could please stop harassing the lady.

hahaha you need to pester the heck out of the entire cast. i wanna hear about how you got on an episode.
biggrin.gif

Aug 26, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #25 of 29
Used to watch MTV on and off during the mid 1980's to early 1990's. For me it was a good way to pass time when there was nothing else good on tv during my break from college classes. I remember watching Remote Control a lot when I tuned in.

Aug 26, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #26 of 29
I watched it when I was still little, late 90s early 2000s. Horrible now though just like the radio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back