You look older or younger?
Dec 21, 2007 at 2:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 65

Seaside

500+ Head-Fier
You looks younger than you are or the opposite?

I know this guy called William and he and I am of the same age. Actually I am few months older than him though....

The thing is... I look younger than actually I am.
Some people may say it is good, but ... well... its not so good as they think it is. I will be 40 in few months and am still sick of those kids call me "dude" while they call my friends "sir". A doctor even refused to give me some medicine since he think I am too young for that. Then he looked at the chart and said... What... I think I can get you the medicine. LOL. People usually see me as early 30's or even late 20's. Things like that happened a lot to me.

Now things are getting worse. Now Will looks like a man at late 50s, while my appearance is staying where I was about two years ago. I shout at Will when he made silly joke which is bit insulting, then a gentleman near us appreaoched me and showed his anger towards me. "Is that your way to treat old person, young man?" ... I was like What... I told him this is my buddy of the same age, and even Will told him so, he just can't get it. Gosh... I am sick and tired of this BS.

Anyway.... You guys think you looks old than you are or the opposite?

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #2 of 65
hahahah, i look a lot younger too.... people think im 12, or 13, when im a lot older... honestly, i dont even have facial hair yet.. still have fuzz, but i have to shave it off once a month or so... but i still have not seen a beard yet, and im waiting for one...

i graduated high school by the way

i kind of like looking young anyways...

when i was in highschool, there were seniors double my size, with fully grown beards and moustaches!

your story is pretty crazy though.. 39 years old, and how can someone call you a young man?

this_thread_is_useless_without_pics.gif

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 65
If you don't notice my blading head or the wide girth around my middle, or the stooped stance when I get up after a long session at my desk or the wrinkles around my eyes, then yes I look much younger than I am.

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:17 AM Post #5 of 65
Enjoy it while you can, Seaside.

I still get carded for beer at 35. It used to annoy me, but it really is a compliment. A few years back, I had a girlfriend who was 7 years older but looked even younger than me. We had fun with bartenders and even got a few free drinks making them guess who was older.

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 65
I clearly (to strangers, anyhow) look older than I should be. I'm 22 but whenever I go to any stores with my parents, even if my father is there and blatantly standing right next to my mother, the clerk at the store arbitrarily thinks that I'm the husband. It drives me mad. My friends said it was my beard that does it, but even having gone a year now without it, I still get the same comments about looking almost 45. And then when people realize I'm actually 22, they get all sheepish and say, "Well, you do look young, it's a compliment to your mother."
Bah....

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #7 of 65
+1 for older

I am 20. I have been able to purchase alcohol since I was 16. Not a lot of facial hair, or anything, but I'm 6'4, 215lbs, tattoo's, etc. I look older, and present myself as a older, mature person.

I have since stopped drinking after being hospitalized after two occasions. Scary stuff for sure..
cool.gif

-Nick

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #9 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by nibiyabi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I look about right, I suppose. I turn 21 in April so we'll see how often I get carded.

Me too! April 06.

I don't live in a nice area (more lower class than anything), so I've never had any problems purchasing anything..

Dec 21, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #11 of 65
Older apparently. When I was a teen, kids would ask me to buy them cigs and I only got carded at liquor stores. (as opposed to restaurants et al) I'm 21 now, and older women (30/40s) "look" at me. 0_0

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:16 AM Post #12 of 65
Once, when I was 26, a lady guessed I was 16. She was embarrassed when she learned my real age. After marriage, my appearance caught up to me, but I think I'm a fairly good-looking 57, though when my daughter was a toddler, I was once mistaken for her grandfather.
rolleyes.gif

I like to describe myself as a teenager with a lot of mileage.

Laz

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:17 AM Post #13 of 65
At 57 I say I could pass for 54.

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #14 of 65
I completely understand where you are coming from.

At 32, I look a lot younger than I am. I sometimes get carded for alcohol. I am a Professor at a University but people often mistake me for an undergraduate. This is ok, but I don't think I get the respect that others do in front of the classroom. I suppose I will enjoy looking young when I am 50 but at this point, I just want to get treated like an adult. I liked my 20's but don't really want to relive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back