You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Jan 7, 2016 at 5:57 PM Post #6,033 of 6,112
YKYAAW you spend three weeks over the christmas period thinking at least 12 hours a day about cabling for one run of RCA line, one run of coaxial digital, two runs of optical digital, and enough wire to wire 2 speakers, less than one metre from the amp

YKYAAW you pause "Apache" on your brand new that morning headphones so you can concentrate on posting about the trials and tribulations of being obsessed with audio on Head-Fi forums.

Jan 9, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #6,035 of 6,112
YKYAAW you actually calculate how much less you should spend on food in order to afford a new amp to pair with that new headphone that you think you will own 1 year down the road!

Jan 11, 2016 at 10:24 AM Post #6,037 of 6,112
  My colleague in the OR and I use this benchmark:  YKYAA if your home system cost (not is worth) more than your car(s).  Sorry if this one has been previously posted.

Guilty as charged. More than any car i have ever owned for myself (bought a few more expensive to sell over the years) and that's just my headphones LOL

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:36 PM Post #6,039 of 6,112
  You know you're an audiophile when you critic your friends' car stereos

Yeah, that was funneh when I was sitting the other day in my friends '07 e60 550i bimmer quite loaded with optional extras - listening to that stereo and couldn't NOT notice there was much less details even when compared to my - back then - Sennheiser HD465 crappy headphones. Now what you supposed to say about the system in a 100k car, huh?!? "Yeah, don't like it, bro, come listen to me Golf!" :D. To be fair to the car, the system was just a quite an average Business, not top of the line L7. And pretty good for a car also, you just can't drive around w/ your headphones on :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back