You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Dec 18, 2015 at 7:44 PM Post #6,021 of 6,112
YKYAAW on the train after a night out, you tell a drunk lady off for playing her music out loud on her phone because those tiny speakers would never produce decent SQ & a fight almost ensues when other passengers actually irritated by her music weigh in to voice their annoyance.

Dec 19, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #6,023 of 6,112
What happened after this?

I said "almost"; ironically to defuse the situation, the passengers allowed her to play an XMas song which calmed everyone down & allowed a hug between the main antagonists.
This all started because she was frustrated at the end of Mad-Friday night, it was XMas & everyone was head-down reading their phones & being miserable. One guy took offence to having his personal space being invaded by the woman's musical taste & upped the ante by being a bit too sarcastic.

YKYAAW you hear the line : "The Saber... Take it!" & you think of ESS Tech.

Dec 19, 2015 at 4:13 PM Post #6,024 of 6,112
I said "almost"; ironically to defuse the situation, the passengers allowed her to play an XMas song which calmed everyone down & allowed a hug between the main antagonists.
This all started because she was frustrated at the end of Mad-Friday night, it was XMas & everyone was head-down reading their phones & being miserable. One guy took offence to having his personal space being invaded by the woman's musical taste & upped the ante by being a bit too sarcastic.

YKYAAW you hear the line : "The Saber... Take it!" & you think of ESS Tech.

Oh Gawd, Mad Friday; when all the amateur boozers crawl out of the woodwork and make a sorry spectacle of themselves.

A good night to stay in with a nice bottle or two of something. And something nice playing through proper loudspeakers.

Dec 30, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #6,026 of 6,112

Or when you find yourself in the plumbing/hardware section wondering how to build a headphone stand from piping. 

Or when you use a banana hanger as a headphone stand. 
biggrin.gif

Jan 1, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #6,027 of 6,112
YKYAAW you think about breaking-into the Post Office to retrieve your missed headphones delivery because it is closed for New Year's Day Bank Holiday & you cannot wait for 1 day....

"Could we resist the temptation? I ask the coldest of you mortals." - Jean Francois Champollion, 1828

Jan 3, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #6,029 of 6,112

I can vouch for this.
frown.gif

I'm not-so-patiently waiting for a Garage 1217 Project Polaris that's supposed to be here Monday. The USPS tracking website hasn't updated since December 31st and I'm just about losing my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back