You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Mar 31, 2015 at 5:53 PM Post #4,911 of 6,113
i had seen more beats headphones than anything else.

also i had seem something strange, there are LOTS of sony low and mid end headphones. i have no ideea why. do they come for free with any smartphone or something?..

YKYAAW the only person you saw wearing something different than beats or sony, you know what he was wearing. it was an pair of ath m70x...

Mar 31, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #4,912 of 6,113
also i had seem something strange, there are LOTS of sony low and mid end headphones. i have no ideea why. do they come for free with any smartphone or something?..

Sony is a very popular company. $20 Sony headphones from Walmart sounded better to me than many ~$100 headphones. I'm listening to the Sony MDR-7506 right now. It's one of the most popular studio monitor headphones of all time. (Not sure why, because it has some nasty treble peaks and such, but EQ can fix that.)

Mar 31, 2015 at 11:09 PM Post #4,915 of 6,113
YKYAAW you use HQPlayer.

Guys...seriously...download the free 30 day trial of this player ASAP and listen to it with all your music. It sounds so much better than every other player I've used (JPLAY, foobar2000, iTunes, Winamp, etc.) it's insane. This is the only player I've found that makes an immediately and hugely obvious improvement in sound quality that is genuine beyond doubt. Sounds so urgent, exciting, and dynamic, it's almost like upgrading to better headphones!

Apr 1, 2015 at 4:01 AM Post #4,916 of 6,113

Sony is a very popular company. $20 Sony headphones from Walmart sounded better to me than many ~$100 headphones. I'm listening to the Sony MDR-7506 right now. It's one of the most popular studio monitor headphones of all time. (Not sure why, because it has some nasty treble peaks and such, but EQ can fix that.)

the ones you own, mdr-7506 are known the be very good studio monitors.

the xb600 are more or less bass cannons, which are not as clear sounding.
  YKYAAW you use HQPlayer.

Guys...seriously...download the free 30 day trial of this player ASAP and listen to it with all your music. It sounds so much better than every other player I've used (JPLAY, foobar2000, iTunes, Winamp, etc.) it's insane. This is the only player I've found that makes an immediately and hugely obvious improvement in sound quality that is genuine beyond doubt. Sounds so urgent, exciting, and dynamic, it's almost like upgrading to better headphones!

i have nothing against DSP processing, but do you know what kind of dsp processing is donw within hqplayer? software speaking, it should sound the same as foobar and others, if it does not it does dsp, with which i agree, but i am afraid that i might like how it sounds, and might want to keep it after trial ends.

EDIT2:::

tested hq player. it sounds interesting. it does heavy dsp processing, but sounds really good. i still cannot put my finger on what dsp it does.

EDIT3:::

amazing music player... this makes me wonder, what music player sounds the best? this one works very very slow, and the resampling algorytmhs are hard on both processors, and the system, and i cannot simply play something else, it takes control of audio output.

this is why i liked foobar, it was simpler, but as this sounds better, i might want to test it deeper.

Apr 1, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #4,917 of 6,113
I'm watching "Home" at Chuky's ATM

YKYAAW you know the exact building DonutDeflector is inI'm always watching

YKYAAW your birthday is coming up and the first thing you do is check what audio gear you want

YKYAAW your friend needs a cheap music player and you recommend a Sansa player, then recommend upgrading his headphones (the Sansa deserves better than Apple buds)

YKYAAW you stop your friend from compressing mp3s even more so that he'll have room on his iPhone

Edit: 700th post!

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #4,918 of 6,113
Regarding hqplayer, after playing with it a lot i understood what it does. it adds fir and iir taps.

this is the same thing as hugo does.

practically it is DSP processing, but it is not for the worse, it makes music more fluid. i thought that one would not be able to do this on a normal computer processor. 

on my i5 processor it works pretty slow, and the program looks buggy, but sounds heavens, it improves music in the same way as hugo, but it is still not able to transform a computer into a chord hugo.

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #4,919 of 6,113
YKYAAW you know the exact building DonutDeflector is inI'm always watching

YKYAAW your birthday is coming up and the first thing you do is check what audio gear you want

YKYAAW your friend needs a cheap music player and you recommend a Sansa player, then recommend upgrading his headphones (the Sansa deserves better than Apple buds)

YKYAAW you stop your friend from compressing mp3s even more so that he'll have room on his iPhone

Edit: 700th post!

XD

Apr 1, 2015 at 7:08 AM Post #4,920 of 6,113
Regarding hqplayer, after playing with it a lot i understood what it does. it adds fir and iir taps.

this is the same thing as hugo does.

practically it is DSP processing, but it is not for the worse, it makes music more fluid. i thought that one would not be able to do this on a normal computer processor. 

on my i5 processor it works pretty slow, and the program looks buggy, but sounds heavens, it improves music in the same way as hugo, but it is still not able to transform a computer into a chord hugo.

Is it an i5 mobile processor or desktop?

EDIT: I have an AMD FX-6300 in my rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back