You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Mar 18, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #4,742 of 6,112
Just got the Sony MDR-7506 and Schiit Fulla. The Sony is a great backup headphone. Super-light, very comfortable, in common use in music studios and other professional applications all over the world. A little (okay, quite) bright, but I was looking for something brighter anyway, since the V-MODA Crossfade LP sounds like mud and I have to wait until next week before I receive the beyerdynamic DT 880 Edition 660 Ω and even more weeks before I receive the JVC HA-SZ2000.

When you sell your car to buy a piece of Sennheiser Orpheus HE90! :D

YKYAAW you recognize TheGoldenEars from other threads, even though he (or she?) just joined Head-Fi this month.
biggrin.gif

And lol. Selling your car just to buy "a piece of" that headphone. When I talked to owners to see how much they would be willing to sell it for, $10,000 was the lowest offer I got. O_O

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:15 PM Post #4,745 of 6,112
YKYAAW you spend a day searching for business chairs in which it is nice to listen to music.. then buy one, manual assembly it, listen to music in it, dis-assembly it, return it, take money back, then place an order to an ikea store for buying a better chair in which you can listen to music...

reason of return: it seems that it supported in theory people at a weight of 80 kg max, and i wight more, and this caused it to bend a little, so the thingy that made it go up or down would stop working... this should be a lesson to me for trying to buy cheap from a carrefour in-shop of chairs...

YKYAAW you listen to music while you work out, even if this means having to stop from time to time to change the music playing... listening really keeps me going.

Mar 19, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #4,748 of 6,112
...this is a long discussion... Mostly, you should really buy a very very comfy buisness or office chair.. there are leather or imitation chairs that cost around 100$ or less and give you so much better experience than normal chairs..

i really recommend something like ikea torkel for begginers..

for more advanced people a 300$ big comfy chair of that type will make the listening session even better.

if you have where to put it, and want the ultimate, an ~300$ armchair should give you the audio nirvana, while listening. 

it is fun how much how you sit and in what affects what you hear in music...

Mar 20, 2015 at 6:29 AM Post #4,753 of 6,112
YKYAMLW you're upset that you missed an AMA from one of your favorite singers...

Gah, Brian Wilson did an AMA last night and I totally forgot about it. It would've been so cool to talk to him.

I sit on my sofa when I really want the comfort. Though if I had a GT OMEGA Racing chair...

I sit/lay wherever, but usually in my uncomfortable wood chair in my room, while doing homework. While out listening to music, I'm on the bus- not the most comfy place to sit.

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:26 AM Post #4,754 of 6,112
The buses in my country are like 95% Mercedes-benz, the rest are all volvos. I find them pretty comfortable, but still way too noisy to listen to music properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back