You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!
Mar 21, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #4,772 of 6,112
YKYAAW you blow all your money on CDs, which you were supposed to save for going to the movies next weekend*

*No worries, I think I'm working this Tuesday/Thursday?

YKYAAW the downside to having a girlfriend is having less money for CDs, audio gear, etc. It's a very tiny downside though

YKYAAW the most annoying thing about the internet going out is that you can't get on Head-Fi

You know you're a Music Alchemist fan when you look through his list of CDs for sale before buying ones at the CD store 

Mar 21, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #4,773 of 6,112
  YKYAAW you blow all your money on CDs, which you were supposed to save for going to the movies next weekend*

YKYAAW the downside to having a girlfriend is having less money for CDs, audio gear, etc. It's a very tiny downside though

YKYAAW the most annoying thing about the internet going out is that you can't get on Head-Fi

You know you're a Music Alchemist fan when you look through his list of CDs for sale before buying ones at the CD store 

Nooo! You bought from them instead of me? *cries in dismay*

What'd ya get? =D

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #4,775 of 6,112
Nooo! You bought from them instead of me? *cries in dismay*

What'd ya get? =D

I'll be posting in the 5 newest CDs thread when I get home and have stable WiFi. Got Muse, Maroon 5, some other stuff that I really needed.

YKYAAW you wish the car was quieter so the music sounded better

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:51 PM Post #4,777 of 6,112

why would you pay for something that is supposed to be free?

This may come as a shock to you, but I don't follow that thread. I post in enough threads already, so I tend to avoid the ones with a gajillion updates.

anima and asian thread was extremely fun, but took much too much time for me to be updated to it, so i stopped following it.

Mar 22, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #4,778 of 6,112
  why would you pay for something that is supposed to be free?

anima and asian thread was extremely fun, but took much too much time for me to be updated to it, so i stopped following it.

Why/how should/would CDs and movie theater showings be free?

I used to post in that thread more than anyone else. I think I was the only person reading every single post and replying to whichever ones I had something to say to. I took a hiatus from the thread because I was spending too much time on it, but I made some cool friends there.

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #4,779 of 6,112

Why/how should/would CDs and movie theater showings be free?

I used to post in that thread more than anyone else. I think I was the only person reading every single post and replying to whichever ones I had something to say to. I took a hiatus from the thread because I was spending too much time on it, but I made some cool friends there.

that thread was amazing, but i really spent too much time on it, only reading... decided to go in another direction.

Movies are free. Whatever it is youtube, Free streaming services, and there are countless examples, movies and anime should be free in HD. there are countless examples, search watch online free hd and anime name, and you can fiind enough examples. no viruses or malware, some ads, but it is free. I never belived in paying for movies/animesand video data in general. 

i do not entirely like movie teathers, in my country they cost much, and the experience is average to say the best. the sound system distorts enough, is too loud, imax is not 3d enough, and movies runing are under average.

i can watch online every movie ever made for free, and every anime...

YKYAAW you consider imax surround systems too shallow to be fun [soundstage horizontally, but no soundstage vertically? distortions? loud but not clear nor resolving enough?]

P.S. I bet that railgun would mean something else for you if you were to watch the thing in a public place, without the possibility of immersing into the story and the atmosphere..

Mar 22, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #4,780 of 6,112

Movies are free. Whatever it is youtube, Free streaming services, and there are countless examples, movies and anime should be free in HD. there are countless examples, search watch online free hd and anime name, and you can fiind enough examples. no viruses or malware, some ads, but it is free. I never belived in paying for movies/animesand video data in general. 

i do not entirely like movie teathers, in my country they cost much, and the experience is average to say the best. the sound system distorts enough, is too loud, imax is not 3d enough, and movies runing are under average.

YKYAAW you consider imax surround systems too shallow to be fun [soundstage horizontally, but no soundstage vertically? distortions? loud but not clear nor resolving enough?]

While I do usually watch my movies for free at home, the movie is coming out the day or day before I want to see it, and likely won't be on the movie site I use. Also, bringing a girl to your house to watch a movie for free makes you seem cheap and isn't quite as romantic 
tongue.gif

I agree, the sound in theaters is sub-par and often too loud, and prices are high. In my town, there's a small theater and prices are okay. $8.50 per ticket, $3 for a drink and $3 for popcorn. Not great, but much better than what you normally see these days. It's also $5 on Tuesdays, all day and night, which is a great deal.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:02 PM Post #4,781 of 6,112
  While I do usually watch my movies for free at home, the movie is coming out the day or day before I want to see it, and likely won't be on the movie site I use. Also, bringing a girl to your house to watch a movie for free makes you seem cheap and isn't quite as romantic 
tongue.gif

I agree, the sound in theaters is sub-par and often too loud, and prices are high. In my town, there's a small theater and prices are okay. $8.50 per ticket, $3 for a drink and $3 for popcorn. Not great, but much better than what you normally see these days. It's also $5 on Tuesdays, all day and night, which is a great deal.

i am not going to comment or argue, if you can do that, and persons are trustable, it is a nice world. 

in the meanwhile in soviet romania, we preffer to watch movies at home, as only 3 or 4 cities out of around a 320 have movie theathers.and only the capital has imax, and two of them, and only two pro audiophile stores..

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #4,782 of 6,112

The average production cost for a single episode of anime is $100,000. Some movies cost millions (or even over a billion) of dollars to make. Saying they should be free is absurd. If they were free, they wouldn't have been able to be created in the first place. There is such a thing as copyright law. Technically, watching them (whether streamed or downloaded) for free is illegal theft unless the copyright owner authorizes it. FUNimation has a YouTube channel where they stream some of their anime.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #4,783 of 6,112

The average production cost for a single episode of anime is $100,000. Some movies cost millions (or even over a billion) of dollars to make. Saying they should be free is absurd. If they were free, they wouldn't have been able to be created in the first place. There is such a thing as copyright law. Technically, watching them (whether streamed or downloaded) for free is illegal theft unless the copyright owner authorizes it. FUNimation has a YouTube channel where they stream some of their anime.

funimation is one of the first places where you can watch online...

i thought that every single person or site that posts a movie has already acquired rights, and i do a legal thing watching.

Mar 22, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #4,784 of 6,112
i thought that every single person or site that posts a movie has already acquired rights, and i do a legal thing watching.

What?! No way. 99.9% of the websites that stream videos do so illegally, especially when it comes to movies.

Anyone can upload a video to a website. Very few can license the rights to do it in any official capacity.

Mar 22, 2015 at 6:31 PM Post #4,785 of 6,112

What?! No way. 99.9% of the websites that stream videos do so illegally, especially when it comes to movies.

Anyone can upload a video to a website. Very few can license the rights to do it in any official capacity.

And just because they use the word "official" in the clip title or claim copyright almost always means nothing. Most of these uploaders wouldn't know what MCPS, ASCAP etc. is, but just hope that they aren't an obvious enough target for legal action while the likes of PirateBay are the current concern.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back