1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2!

First

Back
310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319
321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330
Next

Last
  1. razor5cl
    At first I thought skerry2006aj was one of these "everything should be free, peace and love man!" type people but now I see, it's refreshing to see someone who isn't bashing big companies because they don't like pirating, but genuinely doesn't know what's wrong. All of these places you see movies, TV shows and films being uploaded on the internet for "free" are a) probably making lots and lots and lots of money off ad revenue and b) illegal. Perhaps because you're in Romania the companies can't do much to stop people watching, but in Europe and the US some of these websites have been blocked by ISPs etectera. It's not legal at all.

2. BeatsWork
    YKYAAW when even big hyped events no longer impress you

WP_20150321_18_30_36_Pro1.jpg

3. TRapz
    New CDs

YKYAAW the reason you don't let your mom borrow your headphones for her jog is because of how expensive they are

YKYAAW your mom begins to get worried about where her headphones are and you think that she sounds like you

4. BucketInABucket
    Ohai Al-Chan! :p

YKYAA you really want a pair of CIEMs!

5. Dobrescu George
    i would advice against ciems. Universals can sound just as good, whilst easier to sell, and sometimes universals can be more confortable.

6. Allucid
    Agreed. You can get the right tips for you if you look hard enough, or just go the comply route if you're not bothered.

7. Music Alchemist

CIEMs are the only IEMs I plan on buying in the future, specifically because I cannot get normal IEMs to stay in my ears no matter what I try...plus nearly all the high-end IEMs I want are available only as CIEMs. But I won't get any new IEMs until after I own many of the high-end circumaural headphones on my wish list.

8. razor5cl
    I've never tried CIEMs, and I probably never will until I end up buying an endgame, TOTL pair. Why? All the hassle with going to an audiologist/making my own impressions then sending back and forth and reshelling, maintaining etc isn't worth it if they're a £2-300 pair that I'm going to sell and upgrade from after a year or two anyway.

9. Dobrescu George
    had you tried ie800? they are on demo on many stores... probably the only ones i would recommend, because i tested, and they are made to fit every ear out there. the only other iem i found to sound as good as full headphones are ie8..

I would never get ciems, too much of a hassle, they do not feel as good as they seem before making the impressions, the sound of ie800 has already touched the ultimate detail retrieval, nice tonality, and everything. the only reason to actually get ciems would be for performing on stage.

also, something that you cannot test before buying is not future or fail proofed.

10. Music Alchemist

Nah, I'm only really interested in high-end IEMs better than that one, such as the JH Layla. On the other hand, I'm not interested in getting IEMs until maybe a few years from now.

11. Dobrescu George
    i had had this experience, iems are just as good as headphones when it comes to listening without bothering anyone..

but if you could listen all blown out, without any restrictions, speakers would mean more at the price point of abyss. in fact, i can name a few speakers that would be better than abyss spending that much, but no speaker system really beats what you can get out of a ie800 and an x5+e12a combo, considering the price.

12. Music Alchemist

Unless you compared directly, side by side, I'm not going to take any headphones vs speakers comparisons seriously.

Also, I know a very experienced guy who says that the *right* speakers (particularly vintage) beat all headphones above $200.

13. Dobrescu George
    not necessarly by comparation, but the price point of abyss permits a pretty decent setr of speakers + amp + Dac. Of course, it would still depend upon the individual, music tastes, room acoustics, and many other conditions, whilst a headphone sounds perfect without many other adjustments.

YKYAAW you dream music, for one reason or another..

14. TRapz
    YKYAAW you search for a way to rip your CDs in Windows 8.1

*sigh*

It's impossible to find the Rip CD button (I come from XP WMP), and I still haven't found it. I did change my settings so that it would auto-rip, and took out, then put back in, my CD.

15. Music Alchemist

dBpoweramp, foobar2000, iTunes...all these programs easily rip CDs.

First

Back
310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319
321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330
Next

Last